Team 9 Update
May 8, 2020
Having Technology Issues?? Call 785-717-4357 to reach the Help Desk! (717-HELP)
- Live Meetings for 2nd, 3rd, 4th hours
Tuesday, May 12
- Live Meetings for 5th, 6th, 7th hours
- 2nd Math Assessment
Wednesday, May 13
- Live Meetings for 2nd, 3rd, 4th hours
Thursday, May 14
- Live Meetings for 5th, 6th, 7th hours
Friday, May 15
- Office Hours 8AM to 10AM and 1PM to 3PM
- NO NEW ASSIGNMENTS NEXT WEEK
-May 15th- last day for new assignments
-May 18-21 is a week to catch up
-May 21st- Last Day of School
Team 9 Core Classes
How is it possible that we are ending the school year already?!? This was one of my best school years yet. Team 9 had an AMAZING group of students that I will miss so much! I know for a fact that each student has the potential to do amazing things in this world, and I'm so excited to see what the future holds for them.
Please note that the last day of school is still Thursday May 21st. JCMS teachers will not be assigning any new work during the last week (May 18th-21st). Students need to use this time to get caught up on any missing assignments!
In Language Arts, we will be completing our last unit of the year (Unit 4) through Schoology. You will see in your Language Arts Schoology that there is a purple Unit 4 folder. Unit 4 will revolve around the novel The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank. Students should be completing two lessons every week. Each lesson usually involves reading an excerpt from Anne's diary and responding to it in writing. Please contact me if you're struggling or need help with these two lessons every week. I do not want my lessons to put extra stress on anyone during this already stressful time!
Unfortunately we don't have time to read the whole novel with our current situation, so I have picked out 10 important excerpts for us to read throughout this unit. Students do not need a copy of this novel as I will be posting the assigned readings in Schoology.
Please message me through Schoology or send me an e-mail at LindsayMurphy@usd475.org if you need ANYTHING at all. Just because we aren't meeting in person doesn't mean we can't communicate every day! I am here for you.
Here's to a great 4th week of online learning!
We have our last assessment in Math on Tuesday, May 12th. Please bring questions to Live Sessions! I will help you all in anyway that I can! I can send short videos, do Live Help Sessions, tutor through text/email. Just reach out!
Please reach out if you are having troubles or spending more than 30 minutes per day. I am here to help!
US History - Trenary
Team 9 Family!
I have been very impressed with the work I have seen so far on the Final Projects!
Remember, if you are working on a ceiling tile, just take a picture and upload it. We can work out a time for me to pick them up or have you drop them off later so that I can hang them up in my room. Don't worry about that for now, we will discuss it in class next week.
Please check your emails to stay up to date on everything!
Lastly, I want to thank all of you for your hard work to end the semester. It has been difficult end to the year in so many ways, but you have all worked hard to do your best and it has made a big difference!
Keep checking your emails frequently for information. This week we will be continuing in our Genetics Lesson. Because Genetics in general is a much more complex topic and is challenging enough in the classroom, it is important for students to do the lessons as well as the graded assignments. That being said, it is not my intention to overwhelm students. If your student is feeling so, please communicate with me sooner rather than later, so I can help!
Due to online learning, our Human Health and Sexuality unit has been modified. We will be going over the following topics:
- Substance abuse - alcohol and other drugs
- Skin Safety
- Infectious Diseases - how they spread
- Non-Infectious Diseases - not all diseases are contagious
- Consent Laws and where to find them
Again, if students are looking for something else to do, they can always write me a letter and send it via snail mail! I PROMISE to reply to every letter I receive! The address to send it to would be:
3204 Claflin Rd,
Manhattan, KS 66503
I miss each and every one of your smiling faces, I look forward to seeing you all again soon!
Hey Team 9!
Keep checking your emails if you have me as a teacher, I will be sending out information to my CAT Time and Math Classes about starting online learning on April 6th!
- Remember, CAT Time Virtual Meeting on Tuesday at 1:30 pm.
- My 2nd and 3rd hour Math Classes meet on Thursday.
- Check your Schoology page for updates on times and links.
Please stay safe and turn your minds on to learn so we can start fresh on Monday. I can't wait to see all of your smiling faces again!
FREE MEAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR OUR STUDENTS...
MEAL SERVICE UPDATE
The following locations are available for grab and go lunches for children beginning March 30th (please note that Westwood Elementary has been added):
11:30 AM – 12:30 PM Monday - Friday
- Early Childhood Center – 1803 Elmdale Ave
- H.D. Karns Building – 300 W 9th (Parking lot in back)
- Grandview Elementary – 109 E Grandview (Grandview Plaza)
- Milford Elementary – 402 12th St (Milford)
- Seitz Elementary – 27500 Rifle Range Rd (Fort Riley)
- Sheridan Elementary – 429 W Ash
- Spring Valley Elementary – 1601 Hickory Ln
- Washington Elementary – 1500 N Washington
- Westwood Elementary – 1600 N Eisenhower
Meals are free for ALL children age 1-18. Children receive a lunch and a breakfast for the next day. Children must be present to receive the meals.
United Way of JC-GC also provides family meal kits which are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Continuous Learning Schedule
- Skyward- access grades, attendance, schedules, meal balance and more.
- Schoology- communicate with teachers and access classwork/homework.
- Team 9 Updates- Here you will find an archive of Team 9 updates. Be sure to check out the most recent one for the most up to date information.
- JCMS- Our school website.
- Junction City Middle School Facebook Page
- Junction City Middle School Parent Support Team Facebook Page
- JCMS Student Handbook
Haga clic aquí para ver las instrucciones en video para la traducción en Schoology
Traducción de Schoology, segunda parte/ Schoology Translation Part Two
Traducción de Schoology, segunda parte
Instrucciones para traducir TODAS las páginas/documentos/recursos de Schoology
1. Abra Chrome en su computadora.
2. En la esquina superior derecha, haga clic en los tres puntos verticales al lado del icono de persona.
3. En el menú desplegable, seleccione SETTINGS (AJUSTES).
4. Desplácese hasta la parte inferior de la página y haga clic en Advanced (Avanzado).
5. En el cuadro de Language (idioma), haga clic en la flecha desplegable (a la derecha) y haga clic en ADD LANGUAGES (AGREGAR IDIOMAS) que está en negrita.
6. Seleccione de la lista de idiomas y agregue (add).
7. Una vez que aparezca el idioma, haga clic en los tres puntos verticales a la derecha. Aparecerá un mensaje en un cuadro. Seleccione DISPLAY GOOGLE CHROME IN THIS LANGUAGE (seleccionar Google Chrome en este idioma).
8. Aparecerá un cuadro de RELAUNCH (REINICIAR). Haga clic en eso.
9. Luego, todo lo que se abra en Chrome estará en español, incluido Schoology.
Schoology Translation Part Two
Instructions for Translating ALL Schoology pages/documents/resources
1. Open Chrome on your computer.
2. At the top right corner, click the three vertical dots next to the person icon.
3. From the drop down menu, select SETTINGS.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Advanced.
5. In the language box, click the drop arrow (to the right) and click on ADD LANGUAGES which is in bold type.
6. Select from the list of languages and add.
7. Once the language appears, click on the three vertical dots to the right. You will get a message box. Select DISPLAY GOOGLE CHROME IN THE LANGAUGE.
8. A RELAUNCH box will appear. Click on that.
9. Then anything opened in Chrome will be in Spanish, including Schoology.