Facts about Epilepsy
- You can’t swallow your tongue during a seizure. It's physically impossible.
- Most seizures end in seconds or a few minutes and will end on their own.
- Don't force food into someones mouth if they're having a seizure. This could chip their teeth.
Epilepsy is not contagious.
Most people with epilepsy can do anything that a person without epilepsy can do. However, some people with frequent seizures can't drive, work, or may have problems in other parts of their life.
At least one million people in the world have uncontrolled epilepsy.
After a seizure a person may have trouble moving or doing there usually activities.
As of today epilepsy cannot be cured
You can die from epilepsy. Death of epilepsy doesn’t happen frequently but epilepsy is a very serious disease and many individuals do die from seizures.
Some symptoms of epilepsy is unusual behavior and unconsciousness.
- People over the age of 65 must eat healthy to avoid having a seizure caused by epilepsy.
- If you maintain a balanced diet you will have less seizures.
- If you don’t sleep during the night you can have better chance of having a seizure.
- It is important that your family members know what to do when your having a seizure.
Medicine can help you control epilepsy but not cure it.
March 13, 2015
Period 2- D day
- Website Title: U.S National Library of Medicine
- Article Title: MedlinePlus - Health Information from the National Library o[…]
- Publisher: U.S. National Library of Medicine
- Date Accessed: March 10, 2015
Schachter, Steven C., and Patricia O. Shafer. "Epilepsy Foundation."Http://www.epilepsy.com/get-help/managing-your-epilepsy/managing-my-seizures-101. Ed. Patricia O. Shafer. Steven C. Schachter, MD | Patricia O. Shafer RN, MN, n.d. Web.
- Website Title: : Epilepsy Definition
- Article Title: Photo Scanner
- Date Accessed: March 17, 2015