Charles Ellis Montessori Academy, April 12, 2021
April 12-14- Cohort A In-Person Instructional Days
April 14- GMAS Practice Test for Cohort A
April 14- Virtual Beta Club Induction Ceremony
April 15-16- Cohort B In-Person Instructional Days
April 15- GMAS Practice Test for Cohort B
April 19- GMAS Testing Begins
April 20- PTA Meeting
May 21- Last Day of School!
School-Wide Grace & Courtesy Focus
The Language for Identifying/Naming the Qualities of Courage from the "Self- Awakened Child" series by Jonathan Wolff:
- When I make a mistake and I tell the truth about what I did, I am acting with Courage.
- When I keep trying to learn something that is hard or scary for me to do, I am acting with Courage.
- When I try a new food or talk to a child in class I did not know before, I am acting with Courage.
Congratulations to Cora Browne and Carter Cummings on a job well done! We hope that you to get the recognition that you deserve at the State level.
Ellis Sports Available on Live Stream
Share these general test day preparation tips with your students:
- Get a good night's sleep (Avoid using tech devices before going to bed).
- Pack everything you may need ahead of time (earbuds, mouse, pencil, scratch paper, snacks, etc.).
- Eat a healthy, filling breakfast (school breakfast is still FREE for all students).
- Stay calm (utilize deep breathing techniques).
- Be positive and do your best!
For those who qualify for free/reduced lunch:
Ms. Rebecca Needs Your Help:
The purpose of this survey is to gather feedback and data about the Charles Ellis Montessori Academy school counseling program. Your input helps to better serve students and make sure their needs are met in planning for next school year.
Career Speakers Wanted (See flyer below):
Ms. Angie, Ms. Olivia, and Ms. Rebecca are working to bring in special guest speakers for 30 minute Zoom talks in Upper Elementary. If you or someone you know is in one of the following fields and interested in participating in this digital conversation, please let us know.
- game developer
- app builder
- interior designer
- software developer
8th grade Families:
All 8th graders will be meeting with their high school counselors or other designee to select elective courses for next school year on *Thursday, April 15 via Zoom. Students only need to attend, but if parents have any questions about course options, they may contact the high school counseling department.
8:00am- Woodville Tompkins
10:30am- Windsor Forest
11:30am- New Hampstead
*Friday, 4/16- 12:00pm- Early College
*Savannah Arts Academy and Savannah High are making separate appointments.
Ms. Rebecca, School Counselor
or you can message me on ItsLearning
Virtual Kindergarten Orientation
Thank you to those who attended the virtual Kindergarten Orientation!
You can find all the information presented including a letter from Nurse Chris, a list of Kindergarten readiness skills, and a link to the recorded event on the Ellis website.
Hybrid Learning Reminders
- Please place the name of your student(s) on the passenger side dashboard for morning arrival and afternoon dismissal.
- All vehicle occupants should wear masks at arrival and dismissal.
- The arrival COVID-19 assessment is on 48th Street from 7:15a.m.-7:45a.m. If you arrive later, you will need to walk your student(s) up to the front door to sign the tardy sheet and place the wrist band on your student(s) after COVID-19 assessment.
- Dismissal for car riders. Cars must travel westward from Reynolds to Habersham. Battey Avenue will not be used as an access route.
- Items cannot be dropped-off for students.
- All students returning to our school building are required to have the COVID-19 Screening Questions for Students completed and submitted by you each morning on the days they are reporting to the building.
Please use this link or the QR Code below and save this for easy accessibility each day. Siblings can be placed on one questionnaire.
Ms. Ja'Dayia Coleman-Kennedy
Information Specialist Clerk
Ms. Lucy Holloway
Ms. Patricia Solomon-Brown
Library Media Technology Specialist
PTA Teacher Liaison
Ms. Lisa O'Donnell