Description Of Pillar
Every Year, for 1 month, Muslims fast (no water or food) from dawn-sundown. They do so for their spiritual growth.
Why do muslims practice
- To keep the tradition
- the Qur'an tells them to do so
- For the purification of their heart and mind
When is it performed and how often?
It is performed from June 18th to July 19th, but the date on the Gregorian calendar changes every year.
Other Interesting Facts.
- Start of Ramadan is determined by the moon
- Pregnant women, women who are breast-feeding, and physically/mentally ill are excluded.
- People dont start fasting till the hit puberty.
Make a Connection.
- In Christianity, Ramadan is like Lint, where you give up something for 40 days.