Cathedral of Quito
- This cathedral or church is located in Ecuador’s capital, Quito.
- Once the city of San Francisco de Quito was discovered, the southern side of what was supposed to be the Plaza Grande was handed over to the church for them to build on. This gave them the opportunity to make their church much larger.
- The church is a large white monument consisting of a single-high bell tower near the front entrance. It has many gothic features in its pointed arches.
- Later on it was upgraded to be the main church in Ecuador, the Cathedral of Ecuador. This made it the most well known church in the country.
- When the church was first built it was lead by Father Juan Rodriguez.
- The Cathedral is now mainly used as a tourist attraction.