Power Up for Learning!
Smithville Primary Elementary School, established 1956
I was visiting the building recently and was thankful for the waxing, painting, and cleaning. Kuddos to our summer crew who continue to work hard for our Primary students and staff! When I return on Monday, I will let you know when each section of the building will be available for access.
The purpose of this newsletter is to share the Back-to-School dates and 2016-2017 PES schedule with you.
Important Back-to-School Dates
- Thursday, July 21, 6:30 PM, PTO Meeting for Officers, Executive Board Members, and Committee chairs (Upper Elementary Library-Rena Hawkins, Eric Carlin, Rosemary Davis, Alison Fisher
- Monday-Friday, July 25-29, Kagan Training in Maryville for Kagan Coaches (Justin Espey, Toni McLaughlin, Kim Roske, & Rena Hawkins)
- Tuesday-Thursday, August 2-4, PES New Student Enrollment & Returning Student Registration (Kay George, Alison Fisher, Rena Hawkins, Eric Carlin, Amanda Najjar)
1 PM-7 PM-Returning Student Registration
- Thursday, August 4, PTO Meeting, 6:30 PM at Primary Elementary Library
- Friday, August 5, and Monday-Tuesday, August 8-9, New Teacher Meetings (Detailed schedule will be sent from Central Office...here are some basics that I know:))
8 AM-1:30 PM-Meetings at Central Office
1:30 PM-Meeting at home building with Administration
Monday, August 8-New Teachers and Mentors/Buddies
8 AM-9:15 AM-Meetings at Central Office
9:15 AM-Planning w/ Grade-level/Content-area Colleague **(Mentors/Buddies attend.)**
12:00 PM-Lunch at Central Office
12:00 PM-New Teachers Report to home building for the afternoon
1:00-3:00 PM-Training for Mentors/Buddies at Central Office (Choice 1)
1:00 PM-SpEd Track Training (New SpEd Teachers) at Central Office
Tuesday, August 9-New Teachers and Mentors/Buddies
New Teachers Work in your home building.
9:00-11:00 AM-Training for Mentors/Buddies at Central Office (Choice 2)
11:30 AM-Lunch with building administration
- Wednesday, August 10, Optional Teacher Workday (Floating Workday Options: August 10, August 15, or the day after the last day with students in May.)
- Tuesday, August 9, 10:00 AM, Optional Convocation Skit Practice
- Wednesday, August 10, 10:00 AM, Optional Convocation Skit Practice
- Thursday, August 11, Building Faculty Meeting in the AM
8:00-9:00 AM-Welcome-Breakout EDU
9:00-9:50 AM-Back to School Business (Staff Handbook, Emergency plan review, etc.)
10:00-10:45 AM-Kim Downs-Mandated Reporting
10:45 AM-12:00 PM-PBIS updates, NEE updates, Second Step Training
12:00 PM-Lunch provided at the Primary
1:00 PM-Team Pictures by Mr. Reed (Teams will be called to the cafeteria.) Wear jeans/khakis and 2016 staff shirts for picture and Back to School Night. You will receive your staff shirt at the faculty meeting.)
2:30 PM-Final Convocation Skit Practice-We need 100% participation on stage--all levels of dancing will represent the PES. It's only 5 minutes...we can do it!!
- Thursday, August 11, PES Back-to-School Night 4:30-6:30 PM
- Friday, August 12, Back to School Breakfast and Convocation
8:45-10:00 AM-Convocation (Performing Arts Center)
10:30-11:00 AM-Instructional Aid Training (Central Office Board Room)
11:00 AM-12:00 PM-Special Education Meeting (Central Office Board Room)/Instructional Aid Building Meetings (Primary IAs report to the Primary--IA schedule is 8:30 AM-1:30 PM.)
- Monday, August 15, Optional Teacher Workday (Floating Workday Options: August 10, August 15, or the day after the last day with students in May.)
- Tuesday, August 16, First Day of School
Click the title above. It is hyperlinked to a Google Sheet that is viewable by anyone at Smithville.k12.mo.us with the link.