The Westside Wonder
Westside Parent Newsletter
May 3, 2021
- It's very important that your child is on time to school each day! In the morning students are placed into groups based on areas for growth or enrichment. This is a valuable 40 minutes of instruction. Instruction begins at 7:40 and the tardy bell rings at 7:50. If you arrive past 7:50 please walk your child to the doors so you can sign them into the office.
- If you have any transportation changes, please make sure that you let Ms. Donna know by 2:40. This helps ensure that she has enough time to alert teachers of the change.
- Parents will be able to come eat lunch with their child at our outdoor picnic area.
- Please head over to our website to sign up for E-Notes. This will allow you to receive the weekly parent newsletter by email.
- Your child may bring a water bottle to school and refill it our touch less water fountains.
- May 3-7- Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 3-4- 3-5 MAP test
- May 7- VIP Field Trip
- May 7-Kinder Field Trip to the Zoo
- May 17th- Kinder Track and Field
- May 18th- First Grade Track and Field
- May 18th - Kinder Screening from 3:40 - 7:40
- May 19th- Second Grade Track and Field
- May 20th- Third Grade Track and Field
- May 21st- Fourth Grade Track and Field
- May 24th- Fifth Grade Track and Field
- May 27th- Kindergarten screening day 3:40-7:40
- May 28th - Last day of school
Schedules and Lunch Times
A Peek at Last Week!
Our Word of the Month for May is Reflection. This can be a reflection of what this school year has been like and how we have grown from it. It can, also, mean how we reflect on ourselves. The way we see/reflect on ourselves has a lot to do with our self-esteem. It is very important to be your own biggest fan and to believe in yourself. Here are a few ways to work on self-esteem with your child this week.
As always, if you need anything please do not hesitate to reach out!
🎓🎓Senior Walk!!!!! 🎓🎓
If you are a graduating senior and attended Westside anytime between K and 5th grade we would love to celebrate you! More details to come! If you have pictures from your time at Westside, please email them to Ms. Cassie Page at Pagec@greenbrierschools.org by May 5th.
Teacher Appreciation Week
Panther Cuisine Meal Program
The Panther Cuisine Meal program is a breakfast and lunch meal pick up program for Greenbrier students who are taking online classes through Greenbrier Academy or who have been quarantined through COVID-19. This curbside meal pick up service will be provided once per week at the Junior High Cafeteria on Thursdays from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm (Noon) in a drive-through format, with each student receiving five breakfasts and five lunches. Parents/Guardians may pick up meals without their children present. Panther Cuisine meals meet and follow guidelines per USDA regulations. Menus are subject to change based on availability. This program is free to Greenbrier students.
The following form must be completed by MONDAY at 12:00 pm (Noon) each week to request the total number of meals needed.
If you have any questions or concerns about any Child Nutrition Services, please don't hesitate to reach out to Sara Long, Child Nutrition Director at 501-679-8214 or email@example.com.
Word of the Month
District Point of Contact
Subs are Needed!
Assistant Principal: Caroline Baker
Counselor: Cassie Page
Secretary: Donna Bradke