Welcome Back NSH Families
2022-2023 School Year
Note from the School Leader
Dear NSH Families,
On behalf of the staff at New School High, I am happy to welcome you to the 2022-2023 school year! We are looking forward to a productive and successful school year and partnership with you to ensure everyone can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our students need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with your students supporters will make a great difference in your their education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our students' success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your student's learning by ensuring that they:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time (8:30am), ready for the day’s learning experience
2) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
3) Is prepared with their daily materials: pens, pencils, classwork, etc.
4) Knows that you expect them to succeed in school and try their best
5) Understands and agrees to the school wide cell phone policy
6) Brings a lunch and drink for the day
Please consider joining our school volunteer program as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s program and its operations. We seek volunteers to help us with the following activities:
1) Donations as indicated in the monthly newsletters or school leader emails
2) Support with school wide events: activity night, graduation, prom, etc
3) Support with teacher appreciation week in May 2023
4) Participate in Parent Advisory sessions
5) Participate in marketing and enrollment events
6) Provide testimonial via email to email@example.com about your experience at NSH.
I am attaching a copy of our school calendar below for your review. Be sure to reference these newsletters for upcoming events like Activity Night, prom, etc. that are not on the school wide calendar.
The wonderful NSH staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to seeing you soon.
🍃🏵 🍃🏵 🍃🏵 🍃🏵
What to Expect the First Week of School
- Meet new students and begin to develop relationships
- Obtain class schedule on first day
- Be assigned a school Chromebook for the year
- Participate in team building and other fun activities
- Participate in meetings about school policies, expectations, etc.
- Participate in development of norms for the classroom and school
- Obtain/Review each course syllabus
- Begin to take pre-assessments in each course
We know that the first day and week of school is especially anxiety provoking for some students so we aim to make each day the first week as transparent and organized as possible.
Be on the look out for emails as the first day of school approaches for more information on forms that will need to be completed and additional information.
Student Success Workshop
Extra Curricular and Club News
Once the school year begins, a club/extracurricular activity participation form will be sent digitally to parent's email address in order for student's to participate. Look for that email in early September after school has started.
Month at a Glance:
- August 20- Ice cream social @ 1-3pm
- September 5- no school (Labor Day)
- September 6- First day of school
- September 8- Parent Advisory (virtual) @ 6:30pm
- September 23- 12pm dismissal
*A copy of the 22-23 school year calendar can be found on our school website. *
Ice Cream Social
Saturday, Aug. 20th, 1-3pm
46250 Ann Arbor Road
New School High Amazon Wish List
Donations can be dropped off by appointment in July and August, or brought into the school the first week of school.