VAMS Panther Press Newsletter
December 13, 2019
- Friday, December 13 - 6th - 8th Grade Winter Dance 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Saturday, December 14 - Theatre Arts One Act Play Performance at Princeton High School - Good Luck!!
- Monday, December 16 - VAMS Ugly Christmas Sweater Day
- Monday, December 16 - 7th Grade Social Studies Quarterly Test
- Monday, December 16 - VAISD Board Meeting at 7:00 PM
- Tuesday, December 17 - VAMS Random Acts of Kindness Day - We encourage our students to spread joy by doing random acts of kindness on our campus. Some ideas are: write a note to someone, give someone a small gift (candy, snack, candy cane, etc.), do something nice for someone. The ideas are endless!
- Tuesday, December 17 - Fundraiser Party & Fundraiser Field Trip
- Tuesday, December 17 - Choir Christmas Concert at VAMS Cafeteria at 7:00 PM
- Friday, December 20 - Star Card Hat Day
- Friday, December 20 - Early Release at 1:35 - Buses will run 2 hours early.
- December 21 - January 6 - Winter Break
- Monday, January 6 - No School - Staff Development Day
- Tuesday, January 7 - First Day of 2nd Semester
- Tuesday, January 7 - 8th Grade Field Trip to the Holocaust Museum
- Thursday, January 9 - Report Cards Go Home
- Wednesday, January 15 - VAMS Spelling Bee at 2:00 PM
Blood Drive Opportunity
Girls Basketball - Monday, December 16 @ 4:30 at Home vs. Whitewright - 8B, 7A, 8A
Boys Basketball - Monday, December 16 @ 4:30 at Whitwritght - 7B, 8B, 7A, 8A
Community Service Hour Log
Promoting community service is a goal of VAMS! In order to promote and foster serving our community and others, students can earn a community service award at the end of the year awards assemblies to recognize students who give their time, talents, and hearts.
Find opportunities throughout the school year for your child to work on their community service hours. Make sure your child is documenting their community service time on their hour log.
VAMS Community Service Hour Logs are due on Friday, May 1st.
Click on the link below "VAMS Community Service FAQ Flyer" for more information.
Communication throughout the year
Middle School Website: Click HERE to access the VAMS webpage.
Social Media: Want to see what goes on at VAMS during the week? Want to see pictures of students doing awesome things? Want to see what learning looks like on our campus? Be sure to like us on Facebook, Van Alstyne Middle School, and follow us on Twitter at @vamiddleschool
Digital Newsletter: We email parents a digital campus newsletter every Friday. If you are not currently signed up to receive our weekly newsletter, click HERE.
Grade-level Remind Accounts: Please sign up for the appropriate Remind accounts below to help keep you informed. We also recommend having your child sign up as well. Teachers use Remind to communicate important dates and information.
Volunteer Approval Form
Click the button below to access the Volunteer Approval Form. We appreciate our volunteers!
This is the link to view your child's grades and attendance. Passwords were sent home with progress reports. If you need any help with this process, you may send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school office.