~Homework~Useful or Useless~
Should Homework Be Banned From Our Everyday School Lives?
The Debate About Homework
A god handful of kids always say that homework should be banned, and teachers and most adults say we should keep homework, so which side should you choose? Well, homework has positives and negatives! Here are a couple positives:
1. It helps the teacher and the student to work 1 on 1.
2. Doing homework helps build responsibility by doing every night, and if not, there will be consensuses.
3. Doing homework is like studying, but better
Now, there is not all pros, here are some cons:
1. Children are at school long enough, at home, they need time doing what they like to do, whether it is playing sports or playing video games.
2. It reduces time spent with the students family, because, they won't be there forever, although the family can help with the child's homework, and that is technically family time.
3. Homework can encourage cheating. Not always, but if it is like 6+ pages, depending on the grade of course, they (student) might get tired, or doesn't understand what is happening so they will cheat.
Now that I have told you about some of the facts, lets go deeper with each sides point of view
Do Teachers Assign to Much Homework?
( Go to thins link to see if teachers assign to much homework: https://www.debate.org/opinions/do-teachers-give-out-too-much-homework
Summer is Coming!
(Just so you know, the last fact for banning homework is not true, well at least, for my teacher!)
Some Websites about the Homework Debate
Do the students get a say in this debate?
Does Homework Effect Test Scores?
An Idea for Students in High school!
Is it Possible to make Homework "Fun"?
In class, if you follow us on twitter (Twitter: @jedimastermccoy ) the you know we play games to make learning fun, but when your at home, how do you make "homework fun"? Well, whether it is you get rewarded with small treats after each question, or you get a bigger treat after you finish, there are many different ways. Here are some suggestions from a website: