Monthly Wellness Newsletter
August, 2022 - Hydration
As you age, you tend to store less water in your body and experience less thirst. You may also be taking medications that make you lose water.
Signs of dehydration:
- Dry mouth or dry throat
- Dry eyes or decreased tears
- Dark-coloured urine
- Make time throughout the day to drink a glass of water.
- Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water or fluids every day.
- Drink a glass or two of water first thing when you wake up.
- Make water tasty by adding lemon, lime, or cucumber slices.
- Eat fruits and vegetables that contain a lot of water, like watermelon and celery.
- Stay in air-conditioned spaces, like malls, during heat waves.
- Wear a hat outside to keep your head cool.
WATER for MENTAL HEALTH [Benefits of Being Hydrated]