@HSD Health Update
September 24, 2021
Updated District Closure of Central's Preschool Classroom
- As initially communicated in yesterday's letter, the District temporarily closed a preschool section at Central for in-person instruction based, in part, on two pending COVID tests.
- Thankfully, both tests came back negative (PCR); as a result, the class will reopen for in-person instruction on Monday.
- Of the four student close contacts referenced in the 9/23 letter, one later became COVID+, and the three returned negative PCR tests (including the two students in the second bullet).
Updated COVID-19 Southwest Region Activity Level
- The Southeast region has moved from the Moderate (Yellow) level to the Orange (High) level.
- This has implications for HSD's Quarantine Procool, which has now been updated on the HSD COVID-19 Decision Tree.
- Most significantly, unvaccinated people who have been in close contact with a COVID+ individual will now be required to quarantine (and be excluded from in-person learning) for a full 14-days.
- As outlined yesterday, only unvaccinated students within 0-3 feet of a COVID+ individual for 15 or more minutes over 24 hours will be required to quarantine, with additional details and exceptions outlined on the Decision Tree.
In the PreK–12 indoor classroom setting, the close contact definition excludes students within 3 to 6 feet of an infected student (laboratory-confirmed or a clinically compatible illness) where both the infected student and the exposed student(s) correctly and consistently wore well-fitting masks the entire time. This exception does not apply to teachers, staff, or other adults in the indoor classroom setting.
As a result of the change in activity level, HSD classrooms will be reconfigured over the next 1-2 weeks to provide more spacing between students, particularly at the elementary level.
- We were sad to see Nurse Reganatta leave the District to take a position in another district - we will miss her and are thankful for her years of service!
- As the search for a full-time replacement continues, Nurse Barranger will be temporarily assigned to HMHS; Nurse Gonzalez will remain at Central/Middle, with support from a substitute nurse.
- HMS Parents, please direct health inquiries to Nurse Gonzalez.
- HMHS Parents, please direct health inquiries to Nurse Barranger.
Do not send your student to school if they are displaying COVID-like symptoms!
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Look for emergency warning signs for COVID-19. If someone is showing any of these signs, seek emergency medical care immediately:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Pale, gray, or blue-colored skin, lips, or nail beds, depending on skin tone
HSD COVID+ Dashboard
HSD Vax Dashboard*
*data compiled from the New Jersey Immunization Information System (NJIIS) [updated 9/20]
COVID-19 Activity Level Report (week ending 9/18)
Haddonfield is in the Soutwest Region
HSD/Adler's Pharmacy In-District COVID Vaccination Clinic
Wednesday, Oct. 13th, 4-6pm
25 Sylvan Lake Avenue
- The Pfizer vaccine will be administered.
- This event is for those who received their first shot on 9/22, those in need of their first dose, and those in need of the third booster shot - only for those getting their first or booster doses - You MUST pre-register at Adler's Pharmacy website.
- Then click the image at the bottom of the page, "COVID-19 Vaccine Information." Next, click "Haddonfield Memorial High School, and follow the registration prompts/questions. Once registered, you will receive a follow-up notice from Adler before September 22.
- This is being held in the HMHS Cafeteria. Please enter HMHS at the Sylvan Lake entrance. The main entrance to the school will not be accessible.
- This opportunity is open to any individual eligible to receive the COVID vaccine.
- HSD STAFF ONLY: We are planning an In-District COVID-19 booster clinic for HSD staff and their families (for those recommended), tentatively scheduled for November 2 from 3-5 PM