Ms. Farris' Class Newsletter
April 29th, 2016
Specials this week
Your First Grader Has Been Working On...
- Reading and writing words with suffixes "ly"
- Learning about the life cycle of chicks and butterflies
- determining if shapes are divided into equal shares
- Working on their ocean animal research projects- 5 students have completed their projects and they are looking awesome!!
- Reading books about ocean animals
- Completing district benchmark assessments
100+ Book Club
3rd annual Pathfinder/Barry Fun Run Safety Day
Who: All ages
What: 3 races: K-2 Race, 3-5 Race and a 5K, followed by Safety Activities (Self-Defense, Water Safety, and Law Enforcement) Top 10 medals will be awarded per division and Top 3 for 5k
When: May 7th 9am
Where: Barry-Platte Park pavilion
Why: To promote fitness, goal setting, and safety in all situations.
Counting down to summer break!
I: Ice Pop Day!
J: Jump Rope Day!
K: Kindness Day! We traveled around the building an handed out kindness notes and Hershey Kisses to every staff member at Pathfinder!
L: Lollipop Day!
M: Minute to Win it! We had an indoor snowball fight!