Show Low Public Library
August 2020 News & Events
Temporary library hours will be Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The following restrictions will be in place until further notice:
***Help us stop the spread of COVID-19 by wearing a mask! All persons that are 5 years of age & older are required to wear a mask/face covering inside. If you do not have a mask please come to the front desk & one will be provided***
Only 75 people allowed in the library at one time
Please follow social distancing guidelines & remain 6 feet apart
Show Low Public Library
We Are More!
SHOW LOW PUBLIC LIBRARY
Temporary Library Hours
MONDAY: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
TUESDAY: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
WEDNESDAY: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
THURSDAY: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
FRIDAY: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Current Service Offerings
- Online Library Account: The online library at www.navajocountylibraries.org is always on. You can login to your account using your library card number and your pin to check the status of your account, place holds, renew items, make book lists, and see the online catalog. Holds are also only checked once per day in the morning so if a hold is placed after that please call us to check availability for same day service.
- Curbside Pickup: You can go online to the catalog (www.navajocountylibraries.org) and browse for items available at all Navajo County Libraries. Then call the library at (928) 532-4070 with your list of items. Please have your library card ready for this checkout process. Staff will get the items ready for you, please allow at least 30 minutes for staff to obtain items before pickup. Come to the library and park on the front side (facing City Hall) and open your trunk. Call the library again and let us know you are here to pickup. Staff will come out and place the items in your trunk and you are ready to go!
- Book Return: The library has 2 book drops that are open at this time for returns. There is a walk up one on the front side of the library facing City Hall and a drive through one on the back side facing the church.
- Digital Library: Visit http://www.navajocountylibraries.org/ebooks.asp to see what digital services are available through the county library system. These include ebooks, eaudiobooks, digital comics, and digital magazines. You must have a valid library card to use these services.
- Puzzle Exchange: Do you have a puzzle at home that you finished? Want to trade it for a new one? You can bring your puzzle to the library and exchange it. Only adult puzzles (500+ pieces) are available at this time.
- Seed Library Online Catalog: Our seed library has been going strong now for the last year and it's just been restocked! You can now go online by visiting our digital catalog to see what seeds are available and request to pick them up through our curbside pickup or browse the collection in the library. Visit the website here: https://showlowaz.gov/919/Seed-Library.
- Mystery Experience: Finders Seekers Japan: Continuing until supplies last you may come into the library or through curbside pickup & pickup a take home kit to solve fun puzzles.
- Virtual Adult DIY Class: Take home packs can be picked up now , until supplies last so you can make the craft along with Maizie at home! The live presentation and instructional video will be taking place on Facebook LIVE August 11th at 1:30 p.m.
- My 2020 COVID-19 Time Capsule Packet: These packets can be picked up at the library or through curbside pickup starting April 15th. You and your children can record your experiences during this difficult time.
- Cook the Books (Zoom Meeting): A book discussion with a bite! Join us on August 24th @ 10 a.m. to discuss Red Velvet Revenge by Jenn McKinlay. Email Maizie @ email@example.com to get on the meeting invite list. Books will be available to checkout here at the library when available.
NASA @ My Library
Grab and Go NASA @ My Library bags are available for pick-up or through our curbside service starting Monday, July 20th. These bags are filled with fun science related activities and information for the whole family to enjoy!
Bring in a filled out survey and receive a special treat!
Sign up for a different NASA Space Mission each month on ReadSquared at showlowpubliclibrary.azsummerreading.org. Each mission is related to that month’s bag. When you complete the mission, you will be awarded a SPACE brag tag! Collect all three and be entered into a drawing for a special family grand prize that will be given away in October!
Limited to one bag per family each month while supplies last.
July 20 - August 21 Destination Outer Space - The Milky Way
August 24 - September 25 Reach for the Stars - Stars
September 28 - October 30 Wandering Stars - Planets