LEARNING MORE ABOUT GRASSLANDS!!!
Grasslands are everywhere including Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, and especially Iowa.
When you decide to take a trip or just driving across these different states listed at the top, then you will find farms and grasslands all over. You will find nothing but tractors, farmers, and farm houses. Just visit Iowa...
Not only Farmers live out in the Country..
Regular people that just want there lives peaceful and quite live in these types of states. Cowboy's live there because thats where they take care of there horse's and other animals like chickens, pigs, and goats.
In the country Tornadoes are also very common.
They mostly hit farms and grassy areas.
If you live in the country, you should build a shelter or find one underground..
Grasslands are areas dominated by grasses and small trees,and have few or no trees. Grazing and roaming animals occur in abundance. They occupy about one quarter of the Earth's land area.
Grasslands are not only in Nebraska, Missouri, Kansas, or Iowa, There are also Grasslands in other countries around the world. Example: AFRICA
In the future you should take a vacation to visit an actual Grassland and see what it's like and experience what kind of plants and animals are in Grasslands. Its perfect for Camping and Family Fun. See what its like to sleep there during the night.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT GRASSLANDS....
- Grasslands are also known as prairies, pampas, steppes, and savannas.
- Twenty-five percent of the Earth is covered by the grasslands.
- Grasslands are perfect for cropping and pasturing because its soil runs deep and is extremely fertile.
- Since grassland biomes have rich soil, much of them are used for farming. There is only 2% of the original grassland left in North America.
- Animals that you can expect to find in a grasslands are zebras, lions, wolves, prairie dogs, and foxes. The animal diversity is dependent upon the location of the biome.
- The grasslands in the United States are known as prairies and are considered to be temperate grasslands.