The dangers of phishing and how to prevent them!
What Phishing is
How to Recognize Phishing
You detect phishing with these clues:
-The email doesn't address your name
- When you hover over the link, it shows some other link
- It has spelling errors
-The grammar is incorrect
- The email hints that it wants something (your password, username, credit card information, etc.)
-There are any threats (such as your account will close if you don't sign in on the link provided)
How to Avoid being Caught in a Scam!
- Make sure the email doesn't have any of the features provided above.
- If there are any threats (such as saying a family member is hurt and you need to send money) check and make sure it's the truth.
- NEVER open a link on a scam. The link can affect your computer or hack your information. If you are unsure if it's a scam or not, just open the internet and log on there.