The Weightman M.E.O.W.
Monthly Events Of Wildcats: JANUARY 2021
In every myLearning course, students will see this link which provides 24/7 tutoring for ALL secondary courses.
| || |
Let us know how a Wildcat has made helped you be come amazing and STRONG! Click here to give a shout out for a Wildcat.
Hello Wildcat families,
We are excited to begin the 2nd semester of the 2020-2021 school year! Although we have been faced with many unprecedented challenges, we remain committed to providing a world class education for all students.
- Check your parent and student portal. If you have not created your parent portal account, follow this link for instructions.
- Is the contact information in the portal correct? Do we have the correct phone number, email, and mailing address on file for you? If not, this is an opportunity to update your information through your parent portal account. Click on Forms Summary and find the emergency card link to make any necessary changes.
- Attendance is key to student success. Follow this link for information related to student success and achievement. Whether your student is attending virtual or in-person, attendance is taken and is a priority for Pasco County Schools.
- Read the Spring 20-21 Education Plan for additional information related to the health and safety of your student.
- For your reference, the Student Self Screener is linked for you to review prior to your return on January 6.
- If you need help with login, devices, meals, health and mental health, or anything else, please reach out by texting (813) 320-3004 or through email at Let's Talk. Someone will connect with you as quickly as possible.
Finally, our goal is to connect with all Pasco County children to ensure everyone receives access to a quality education. If you know of a student and/or family that needs support, please provide to them the above information. Welcome back to the 2nd semester of the 2020-2021 school year!
Let us know how a Wildcat has made a difference for you! Give them a shout out here.
2nd Quarter Student Celebration
When students have to quarantine
Please ask your child to follow these instructions:
- If you are feeling well enough to do your schoolwork at home, you are welcome to continue your classes and classwork.
- Your schedule will not change. You will not be moved to a MySchool Online schedule. You will stay with your current teacher(s), but your work will be completed through the MyLearning App.
- Log in and complete whatever work you feel well enough to do.
- To submit your completed work, snap a picture, upload it, and submit it through MyLearning.
- Work packets will not be sent home. Please go in MyLearning to complete your classwork.
- If you get stuck, email your teacher through your Outlook app or within Canvas. Under “Help” click the button labeled “Ask Your Instructor (Teacher) a Question”.
- If you don’t have a computer, or you are not feeling well enough to do work, don’t worry, your teachers will help you get caught up when you return.
Parents, for more information and tips on accessing your child’s online instruction portal please visit: https://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/oll/page/parent-university
This is the last month to order your 20-21 TEWMS YEARBOOK.
Early Release Days: 1st is Jan 13th
Beginning in January, our schools will be implementing a two-hour early release day every month. Each of the four early release days (see schedule below) will fall on a Wednesday. There will be no early release day in May.
On each of the early release days, students will be released two hours early. The bell times, including the early release times for each school, can be found here. The early release days, which were implemented for the first time last school year, provide teachers with an opportunity to complete professional development and experience training that will help increase effective instruction and ultimately will benefit students.
Students who are registered in the district’s PLACE program will be able to stay the extra two hours with no additional charges. School buses will operate two hours earlier during early release days. The routes and bus stops will not change.
The early release days are as follows. All are on Wednesdays:January 13 - February 3 - March 3 - April 7
Pasco Pathways School Choice
Pasco County Schools is excited about the upcoming Pasco Pathways School Choice application process that opened on January 7th! This window will close on January 21, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. Please make sure to visit the home page of the Pasco County Schools Website to find the link and access the school choice application and directions. Here is the Pasco Pathways Catalog to showcase many of the options in our county, as well as a FAQ webpage. We have updated the district website to have all information in one place regarding the options available as well as information about the 21-22 application window.
Student Honor Roll
TEWMS will award honor status each semester to students who qualify for one of the following three levels of honor roll designations. Calculations will be carried to the 5th decimal place and rounded to the 4th decimal place.
- Straight A Honor Roll: Awarded to students who have an “A” in all of the courses completed during the semester, with grades documented in the student information system. Students must have a minimum of six grades or a number of grades equivalent to three (3) credits posted for the current semester to be eligible.
- A/B Honor Roll: Awarded to students who have an “A” or a “B” in all of the courses completed during the semester, with grades documented in the student information system. Students must have a minimum of six grades or a number of grades equivalent to three (3) credits posted for the current semester to be eligible.
- Honor Roll: Awarded to students with a semester weighted GPA at or above 3.2000 based on grades documented in the student information system. Students must have a minimum of six grades or a number of grades equivalent to three (3) credits posted for the current semester to be eligible. Students cannot have earned a grade of D or F in any of their semester courses to be eligible.
All grades posted for the semester will be used in the honor roll calculation. Students enrolled in one or more courses through Pasco eSchool, virtual or dual enrollment courses may be eligible for honor roll recognition provided that grades are received and entered into the student information system by the time report cards are issued for brick and mortar courses. Students must have at least six (6) grades or a number of grades equivalent to three (3) credits posted for the current semester to be eligible for the semester honor roll designation.
TEWMS will be celebrating the hard work and accomplishments of our Wildcats during our Honor Roll. Families will be notified by Friday, January 29th and we will be posting our Honor Roll video on Friday, February 5th.
Curbside Meal Pick-Up @ TEWMS: Fridays 9-9:30am
WHO: Pasco County Schools will be offering curbside meal pick up to children not attending school brick and mortar. At this time, meals will be FREE for all children per the most recent USDA school nutrition meal program waivers. The menu and nutrition information can be reviewed here: Curbside Menu.
WHERE: @ TEWMS, meals are served in the carline at the front of the school Meals will be served curbside in a drive-thru style (Do not get out of your car).
WHEN: @ TEWMS, pickup is 9-9:30am. Pick up times do vary by location and can be found HERE.
HOW: In order to serve you better, a MEAL RESERVATION FORM should be filled out weekly.
Additional information can be found here: https://connectplus.pasco.k12.fl.us/do/fns/?page_id=6886
Jan 13: Early Release Day @ 1:08pm
Jan 18: Martin Luther Kind Day, No School
Jan 21: School Choice window closes at 4:30pm
Jan 27: Boys Basketball vs JLMS @ 6pm
Jan 29: Honor Roll notifications for families
FortifyFL is a suspicious activity reporting tool that allows you to instantly relay information to appropriate law enforcement agencies and school officials.