SAT Boot camp
October 13, 20, 27: Register now!
Why should you register?
The SAT is one of the entrance exams used by colleges to determine admission. It is critical that students put time and effort into preparing for this test.
The Crosby Scholars program has partnered with Educational Testing Consultants (ETC) to host an SAT Boot camp for 25 Juniors and Seniors.
This SAT Boot camp will consist of 3 Saturday sessions. Students must commit to attend all 3 dates in order to participate. Each session will be held at RCCC building 600 and lasts 2 hours, from 9:45 am - 11:45 am:
- October 13th,
- October 20th, &
- October 27th
There is a $20 deposit required to help cover the cost of materials. Cash or check will be accepted. Please make checks out to Crosby Scholars. Submit your deposit to Crosby Scholars by Friday, September 28th by 5 pm to reserve your spot at the SAT Boot camp.
Once you attend all 3 sessions, your $20 will be refunded to you!
If you are financially unable to pay the deposit, please contact Jessica Vess: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ETC SAT test preparation program covers all the skills needed for success on the SAT. Class sessions use real SAT problems so that you know just what to expect on test day. The SAT program consists of 6 hours of classroom instruction by an experienced instructor, together with additional problems for further practice.
MATH TOPICS INCLUDE:
- techniques for picking numbers for problems with variables in the answer choices
- strategies for solving complicated geometry problems by breaking them into smaller parts
- tactics for translating difficult word problems into equations
READING TOPICS INCLUDE:
- how to read a passage for structure rather than content
- approaches for quickly identifying the parts of a passage needed to answer a question
- techniques for answer questions with unfocused stems
ENGLISH TOPICS INCLUDE:
- an overview of the most common mistakes in sentence correction items
- spotting correct uses of idiomatic speech
- the important role of punctuation in sentence correction items
GENERAL TOPICS INCLUDE:
- utilizing the process of elimination
- time management strategies
- reducing test anxiety
- recognizing common distractions
SAT Boot camp: October 13, 20, 27
Saturday, Oct. 13th, 9:45-11:45am
1333 Jake Alexander Boulevard South
Please eat breakfast and arrive by 9:30 am.
Come ready to learn.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.