WMS Weekly Mission
We Learn. We Lead. We Succeed
- Last week during the formative assessment training, we worked on making the connection between the why we are here and the use of formative assessments. We also discussed the relationship between formative assessment and instruction. It was great to read the response from the end of the meeting and will help guide us in the next step in the professional development. Here is a quote from Grant Wiggins to ponder, "It's not teaching that causes learning. Attempts by the learner to perform cause learning, dependent upon the quality of feedback and opportunities to use it."
- Thank you for all those that encouraged the 7th grade students to be a part of the LEAD Team. We are excited to have 36 students join the team! The students were interviewed on Thursday and then notified if they would be part of the team. The students were very honored and ready for the opportunity! This team will start learning about the 7 Habits and then begin discussing leadership for the 2016-17 school year. They will be meeting in the training room during eTime. As we progress, we will make sure to share what the students have to say about the experience.
- Leader in Me discussion groups dates and times. If you are concerned about the specifics or want to share ideas, this is your chance to share your voice! Also, an opportunity to get District Growth Hours. The discussions are open to everyone! The discussion topics, dates and times are listed below:
March 28 @ 3:00 - Leadership Notebooks
March 30 @ 2:40 - Leadership Notebooks
April 4 @ 3:00 - When and How to Implement with students
April 6 @ 2:40 - When and How to Implement with students
April 11 @ 3:00 - Open Discussion
April 13 @ 2:40 - Open Discussion
Monday, March 21st
- ADVISORY: Link to the video on the Advisory doc in the Staff Folder to View.
- ALL staff meeting in the library - Dr. Medlin will be going over the Bond Issue
Tuesday, March 22nd
- 3-7:00: Parent Teacher Conferences - Dinner will be Pizza (we will announce when it arrives)
Wednesday, March 23rd
- Nothing at this time.
Thursday, March 24th
- 3-6:30pm: Parent Teacher Conferences - Dinner (BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich with baked beans and chips)
- 5:30 - Parent Meeting in the library for information about Bond Issue
Friday, March 25th
- No School
Wellness by Katie Wright
Registration is now open for the "Plucky Duck" run to benefit Ashley's mom. You can sign up on line at the link posted below, or there are registration forms on the table in the work room. Please sign up by April 7th to be guaranteed your t-shirt. You can sign up all the way to the day of the race, but you will not be guaranteed your t-shirt if you don't sign up by April 7th.
If 3 miles is seems a bit much for you, Debra Salmans assured me that there will be markers at 1 mile and 2 mile, and since it is not an officially timed race you can turn around whenever you want!
If 3 miles is your goal and you are wanting to stick with the C25K program the 3 workouts this week will consist of: Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes.
The site for the c25K program is: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
If you need help training, please let me know!