October 16, 2019
WEEK AT A GLANCE
10/17 Jeep Event (Parent Volunteers only) Alive in Roswell 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
10/18 RHS @ Lassiter Marching Band Lassiter HS 6:00 PM - 11:30 PM
10/19 Jeep Tickets and Drop Off Event All The Dojo 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
10/21 Rehearsal Marching Band Practice Field 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
10/21 Winter Guard Interest Mtg. All Band Room 6:00 PM - 6:30 PM
10/21 RHSBBA Executive Board Meeting Media Center 7:00 PM
10/22 Rehearsal Marching Band Stadium 6:45 PM - 9:15 PM
10/24 Rehearsal Marching Band Practice Field 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
10/25 Hall Band Marching Band Band Room 7:30 AM - 8:10 AM
10/25 RHS vs. Walton Marching Band 6:00 PM - 11:30 PM
10/26 Georgia State Marching Championships Marching Band Georgia State
7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
MARCHING BAND REMINDERS
FOOTBALL GAME RHS @ LASSITER - 10/18 (NO HALL BAND THAT DAY)
UPCOMING GSU Marching Band Competition – 10/26
The competition day will flow much the same as any other competition (arrive, check-in, warm up, compete, awards, etc.). Due to the GSU football game that evening, the hours of the competitive portion of the day are shifted to morning/afternoon, rather than afternoon/evening.
Georgia State Stadium
(Formerly Turner Field)
755 Hank Aaron Dr., Atlanta, GA 30303
General Admission (unassigned) – $18+ taxes and fees
Standard Seating (assigned) – $25+ taxes and fees
Children 10 and under receive free admission, but still require a ticket. Click here to purchase tickets online: https://music.gsu.edu/about-2/#1569437694162-4aa89327-4de4
General Admission Parking Only (Blue or Gold Lot):
Advanced Ticket Sales (online) – $10
Event Day Sales (on site) – $20
Parking is festival style, first-come, first-served in both Blue or Gold Lot.
ADA parking is located in the Gold Lot.
Online parking sales close on Friday, October 25 at 11:59 p.m.
Please note: Georgia State Stadium has a clear bag policy. You may carry clear bags to hold your belongings that are no larger than 12” X 6” X 12”, 1-Gallon Plastic Freezer Bag, and/or Clutches that are no larger than 4.5” X 6.5”, approximately the size of a hand. Bags larger than 12” x 6” x 12” and all backpacks are prohibited at Georgia State Stadium. Exceptions will be made for those with medical requirements and/or special needs.
RHS Band Schedule for 10/26
6:00 a.m. Band Room Opens
7:00 a.m. Rehearsal
8:00 a.m. Pack Up
8:35 a.m. Depart for GSU
9:35 a.m. Arrive at GSU
10:35 a.m. Warm Up
11:45 a.m. Showtime
2:45 p.m. Awards
3:30 p.m. Student Social
5:00 p.m. Depart
6:00 p.m. Arrive at Roswell
We need pit crew volunteers for the GSU competition. Pit crew volunteers are especially important for competitions because we must get our equipment on and off the field quickly or take a penalty! Here is the link to sign up. Thanks!
CLASSROOM BAND REMINDERS
We emailed Student Financial Statements to band families on October 4th. Please check your account in Charms. All outstanding payments are due by Friday, November 22.
If your ordered water bottles, show shirts, and/or performance wear, please check that you’ve paid for those items. There may be some duplicates with concert attire. Please check that for accuracy too.
- For more information on how to pay fees, visit the Roswell Band web site at: https://www.roswellband.com/payments-and-donations/
- If you do not know your login to Charms to pay your fees, contact: email@example.com
- You can also place a check in the BAND drop box in the RHS front office between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday-Friday. Note: it may take several days for this to appear on your account
- If you need assistance with paying Band Fees, please contact Mr. Moon for options.
- If you have questions or see discrepancies on your account, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
BAND BOOSTERS UPDATES
- With 19 DAYS TO GO have you sold the Jeep Raffle tickets we gave you? You have until 11/4/19 to hit your personal target of 45 tickets sold per student.
- Over 1,900 tickets have been distributed to the membership but are yet to be sold and turned back in. Members are responsible to pay for any lost tickets.
- You have easy options to turn in sold tickets:
1. Return the Jeep envelope with the stubs and cash/checks to the front office of RHS.
2. Drop off your sold tickets and money and get more tickets on:
Saturday, 10/19: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. @ The Dojo next to Trader Joe’s
- We are trending below our target of $63,000. We are currently at $28,000. This alone is a great achievement! This campaign has officially become the biggest fundraiser in RHS Band History. We could easily add another $18,000+ if you just sell the tickets issued to you. The tickets are SO EASY to sell. We can do this!
- Want a recap on any of the fundraiser details? Click here to access our Jeep Raffle Dropbox for FAQ’s, information contests and incentives and tips on how to sell and what to say. Share this video on Facebook: https://vimeo.com/361060045
- Have more questions? How many have I sold online? How do I get more tickets? Email all questions to email@example.com
- REMEMBER: Patrons who purchase a Jeep Raffle ticket must be a Georgia resident and at least 18 years old.
Congratulations to the winners of our Weekly Student Incentives! We will continue to hold weekly drawings through November 8. For every 10 ticket stubs turned in, the student’s name goes into the drawing.
Week 1 – Brianna Jones
Week 2 – Nikki Burkhart
Week 3 - Leah Taylor
Week 4 – Carlo Dal Cerro
Week 5 – Josh Cordero
Week 6 – Matt Hartigan
· 10/26 – GSU Marching Band Competition
· 10/28 - Marching Band Rehearsal @ 4:00 PM
· 10/29 - Marching Band Rehearsal @ 6:45 PM
· 10/31 - Marching Band Rehearsal @ 4:00 PM
· 11/1 - RHS @ Woodstock @ 5:00 PM
· 11/2 - White Columns Invitational (Milton HS) @ 10:00 AM
· 11/7 - Marching Band Rehearsal @ 4:00 PM
· 11/8 - Hall Band @ 7:30 AM
· 11/8 - Senior Picnic @ 4:00 PM
· 11/8 - RHS vs. Etowah (Senior Night) @ 6:00 PM
· 11/14 - Marching Band Rehearsal @ 4:00 PM*
· 11/15 - Football Post-Season Games (TBD) @ 5:00 PM
· 11/18 - Fulton County Honor Band (Centennial HS)
· 11/19 - Fulton County Honor Band (Centennial HS)
· 11/20 - Concert Band Rehearsal @ 4:00 PM
· 11/21 - Marching Band Rehearsal @ 4:00*
· 11/22 - Football Post-Season Games (TBD) @ 5:00 PM
· 11/25 - Thanksgiving Break begins
· 12/4 - Concert Band Rehearsal @ 4:00 PM
· 12/5 - Marching Band Rehearsal @ 4:00 PM*
· 12/5 - Winter Concert @ 7:00 PM
· 12/6 - Football Post-Season Games (TBD) @ 5:00 PM
· 12/12 - Marching Band Rehearsal @ 4:00 PM*
· 12/13 - Football Post-Season Games (TBD) @ 5:00 PM
· 12/14 - All State 1st Round Auditions/District Honor Band (Alpharetta HS)
· 12/21 - Movie at Aurora @ 12:00 p.m. “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker”
· 12/23 - Holiday Break Begins
* for post-season football game