12.18.23 - 1.1.24 - NO SCHOOL (Winter Break)
1.2.24 - NO SCHOOL
Our new schedule this year makes attendance crucial for students' academic success, and it's extremely important they attend bell to bell. We are seeing a number of students in the building, but not attending their whole classes. We want to remind you that we have multiple codes for attendance:
Arriving to class marked VL (very late)
Leaving early without permission, or asking to leave early for another reason
Missing class entirely
As you look at your student’s attendance in ParentView please ask your student about any attendance codes that may be coming up. If you need help signing up for ParentVue please do not hesitate to call Sheldon High School and we can help set that up for you.
Most Common Bell Schedule
Are you interested in spoiling our wonderful Sheldon staff with themed staff appreciation days? If you are please keep an eye out for Sign Up Geniuses and keep an eye on this Amazon list. All items for Staff Appreciation should be addressed to Alicia Martin. Thank you for sprinkling our staff with love.
Sheldon Community Responder
A Sheldon Community Responder is a volunteer that responds to “alerts” sent by the 15th Night Coordinator for needs specific to SHS students that have not been met by internal school resources. These type of alerts would be for items such as clothing, shoes, small household items, food or bedding.
A Sheldon Community Responder would receive a text message indicating a need. If the Responder can provide the need, they respond to the text message and work with the SHS Coordinator to secure and deliver the item.
Contact Trista Neuman at Neuman_t@4j.lane.edu
Winter Food Boxes
A huge thanks to Wesley United Methodist Church for providing 40 non-perishable winter food boxes that went to feed students during the long break.
Given the prevalence of bike theft in our community, we encourage you to follow these tips to reduce the risk of bike theft:
- Always lock your bike, even if you're just leaving it for a minute.
- Lock to something secure, not something like a chain link fence that is easy to cut through.
- Do not leave your bike locked at school overnight.
- Lock with a U-lock, not a cable lock.
- Lock the bike through one of the triangles of the frame, not through the wheel, as that can easily be removed.
Dada la prevalencia del robo de bicicletas en nuestra comunidad, le animamos a seguir estos consejos para reducir el riesgo de robo de bicicletas:
- Cierre siempre la bicicleta con llave, aunque sólo la deje un momento.
- Átala a un lugar seguro, no a una valla metálica que pueda cortarse fácilmente.
- No dejes la bici encerrada en el colegio durante la noche.
- Asegúrala con un candado en U, no con un candado de cable.
- Bloquea la bicicleta a través de uno de los triángulos del cuadro, no a través de la rueda, ya que se puede quitar fácilmente.
Parking at Community Center
No Idling policy
SENIORS! Order Cap/Gowns NOW!
- Orders can be placed online at https://minersgrad.com
- Graduation announcements and other printed materials will be distributed in early April.
- Cap and gown units will be distributed in early April.
- Class Rings and Letterman Jackets may be ordered online throughout the school year.
- If you have any questions, please contact Miners Graduate Services by email or phone.
World Language Travel Opportunity
Bus Passes - LTD
There is such a thing as a free ride! All students, grades K-12, can ride Lane Transit District (LTD) buses for free. Annual passes are available/renewable through your school office. The student transit pass can be used to get anywhere within the LTD service area, including on weekends and after school.
Grades K–5: Parents request a pass for their student.
Grades 6–12: Students request their own passes.
Plan a trip today! ltd.org/tripplanner.php
Eugene Public Library
Eugene Public Library cards are free for everyone who lives within city limits. Also, regardless of address, for all enrolled 4J school district students. Sign up for a library card by calling 541-682-5450 or sign up in person at any library location.
Visit https://www.eugene-or.gov/1002/Get-or-renew-a-card for more information.