The Hobbit Project
Bilbo Baggins is a homely hobbit who lives in The Hill across The River. He was a well respected hobbit, that is until he participated in Gandalf's adventure. He turned into a couragious, trust-worthy, bold, and brave hobbit, who had a little of his relatives, the Took's, adventurous behavior in him.
Gandalf is a very well-known and friendly wizard, who was arranging an adventure and was trying to find a burgler to take part in it. That's when he convinced Bilbo to come along. Gandalf is very, very clever, powerful, and wise. He always seems to show up on the spot when he is needed the most.
- "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." - Thorin Oakenshield
- "You are a very fine person, Mr. Baggins, and I am very fond of you; but you are only quite a little fellow in a wide world after all!" - Gandalf
- "'I will give you a name,' he said to it ,'and I shall call you Sting.'" - Bilbo Baggins
- "What has it got in its nasty little pocketses?" - Gollum
THE HERO'S JOURNEY
The Call To Adventure
Refusal Of The Call
Meeting With The Mentor
Crossing The Threshold
Tests, Allies, And Enemies
1. Stealing from the three trolls. (failure)
2. Defeating Gollum and escaping the Goblins under the Misty Mountains on his own alive and unharmed. (success)
3. Saving the dwarves on his own from the giant spiders in Mirkwood when they were captured, tangled, and hung from the tall trees in webs. (success)