Family Link November 2022
Resources for Families
Family Academy is a library of videos, classes, and resources to answer your questions about student Wellbeing & Growth, Navigating AACPS Resources, and Academics & Programs.
Access Family Academy through Brightspace Parent & Guardian (in a browser).
Videos are also available in Spanish or with Spanish subtitles!
Dates to Remember
Native American Heritage Month
- The Anne Arundel County Public Library has events for all ages to learn about and experience Native American culture.
- Visit the Smithsonian Native American Heritage Month website for information about Events, Exhibits, and Collections.
Asking Questions About Their Day
Do you get a shrug of the shoulders and a "fine," when you ask how your child's day was?
Try asking more specific questions. They can be a mix of open-ended and closed questions to help you engage them in conversation.
- What was the best part of your day?
- What is something you would have liked to go differently?
- Who did you sit with at lunch today?
- Tell me about something you read in school today.
- What is something that made you laugh today?
You can extend the conversation based on their answers. Share about your day too!
Free Virtual Homework Help and Tutoring
For Middle and High School Students
- World Languages
- Social Studies
Online Student Center @ Your Library!
Talk So They Listen
Build nurturing relationships with your children, support social and emotional growth, and promote positive mental health.
To register go to umbwmc.org/calendar
Join our AACPS family as a crossing guard, custodian, bus driver, food service staff, or substitute teacher! Find out more at our Careers Page!