Family Link November 2022
Resources for Families
Family Academy is a library of videos, classes, and resources to answer your questions about student Wellbeing & Growth, Navigating AACPS Resources, and Academics & Programs.
Access Family Academy through Brightspace Parent & Guardian (in a browser).
Videos are also available in Spanish or with Spanish subtitles!
Dates to Remember
Native American Heritage Month
- The Anne Arundel County Public Library has events for all ages to learn about and experience Native American culture.
- Visit the Smithsonian Native American Heritage Month website for information about Events, Exhibits, and Collections.
Asking Questions About Their Day
Do you get a shrug of the shoulders and a "fine," when you ask how your child's day was?
Try asking more specific questions. They can be a mix of open-ended and closed questions to help you engage them in conversation.
- What was the best part of your day?
- What is something you would have liked to go differently?
- Who did you sit with at lunch today?
- Tell me about something you read in school today.
- What is something that made you laugh today?
You can extend the conversation based on their answers. Share about your day too!