Cougar Courier Times
Kutz Elementary School's Bimonthly Newsletter
September 30, 2015
KUTZ KUDOS - PRIZE DONATIONS WANTED
Kutz Kudos are awarded to students to acknowledge when they make good choices. Kudos may be given for helping a friend, being responsible, or standing out as being a star cougar. Beginning this week, we will be collecting and awarding Kutz Kudos by individual grade levels. Drawings will be held on Mondays each week. After speaking with all classes, we'd like to award a bigger variety and/or more age appropriate prizes. This is why we need your help.
We are asking for small gift card donations of no more than $5.00 each. Your donations would be welcomed and appreciated. Suggestions include a $5.00 or less gift card to any of the following:
- Movie theater
- Game Stop
- Doylestown Bookstore
- Sports Authority
- Yogurt Tree
- Planet Smoothie
Gift cards may be dropped off in the school office.
Thank you for your generosity.
Celebrate Education Week
Celebrate Education Week is an opportunity to visit your child’s classroom and watch your children in action as they learn something new, participate in a curricular activity, or give a special presentation for visitors. This year, Central Bucks & Kutz Elementary School invite you to join us the week of October 12th - 16th.
We invite you to come, remembering that this is an “adults only” visit as small children may disrupt instruction during this time. The chart below provides target times to come and visit so that we may concentrate efforts, and accommodate parking, traffic flow, etc. If you are unable to join us on the dates and times listed or a time is not specified for your child’s particular grade level, please note that you are more than welcome to visit anytime during the week.
The schedule for Kutz's Celebrate Education Week is as follows:
SPOTLIGHT ON SPECIALS
Music with Mrs. Kelly & Mr. Weir
The music teachers are very excited to begin a new year of exploration, creativity, performance, and fun with the first through sixth graders at Kutz Elementary. Kutz music students either have music with Mrs. Amanda Kelly (Warwick), or they are welcoming for the first time Mr. Bill Weir (Buckingham). These teachers have been excitedly helping students develop their musical skills through singing, dancing, chanting, and playing instruments and games in music class-which is held on Mondays, Tuesday mornings, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
There are several exciting opportunities for Kutz students to enhance their musicianship this year. Fourth graders are awaiting playing the recorder using the “Recorder Karate” program, and fifth and sixth graders will have the option in the spring to join the choir with Mrs. Kelly. Also, on Wednesday, December 23rd at 1:30 PM, the whole school will come together to celebrate the winter season through music at our annual Holiday Sing-Along!
Stay tuned for more information from the music teachers throughout the school year.
Volunteer Required Paperwork
Volunteers must have their clearances on file with the CBSD Human Resources Department prior to starting volunteer work. The new Pennsylvania State mandate does allow until July 1, 2016 to obtain background checks. However, in the best interest of the safety and security of our students, we are asking volunteers to comply with submitting background checks prior to volunteering in the 2015-2016 school year.
Click link to learn more: http://www.cbsd.org/site/default.aspx?PageID=355
If you have already submitted paperwork you do not need to take any further action at this time.
This online process is ONLY for those who have not submitted clearances/certifications as of October 1, 2015.
Click here to access the menu and information on creating a school lunch account.
Kutz Home & School Association
Kutz Home & School Association
Attention!! - Final Week for Donations!!!
The Kutz H&S Association has extended the fall fundraiser for one additional week. We are currently only half way to our fundraising goal. Any donation that you can make would be greatly appreciated. Flyers will be sent home again in the Thursday folder this week. Please consider giving a donation and supporting your child’s school! All checks should be made out to the Kutz Home and School Association. Thank you!
Kutz Family Fun Night
Friday, October 9, 2015*
6:30 - 9:00pm at
The Market At DelVal
2100 Lower State Road
Doylestown, PA 18901
$7.00 / person
- Includes flashlight corn maze, hayride and bonfire
- Be sure to bring flashlights for the maze!
All children attending must have adult supervision.
- No food or drinks are allowed to be brought into the event, however S’mores kits, food and drinks can be purchased there.
Forms will be sent home in Thursday folder and on the Kutz website.
For more information please contact Mandi Rollerson at email@example.com or
267-934-1392 (text or call)
*Rain date will be Friday, October 16
2015 – 2016 Yearbook Cover Contest
This contest is open to all students.
The deadline for entries is Friday, October 16, 2015.
Artwork submission guidelines:
· The theme for this year is "Kutz Cougars ... Catch the Spirit!" The cover drawing should reflect the theme. Please do not include any writing on your drawing.
· Use a vertical 8 ½” x 11” piece of white paper (you may color in the background if you like).
· Crayons, colored pencils or markers may be used. Use rich colors and try to use more pressure with crayons and colored pencils.
· Please put your name, teacher and grade on the back of your artwork in pencil.
· Do not fold your artwork.
The top five entries will be featured on the front/back of the yearbook cover. All entries will be on display in the spring.
Drop off all submissions to the office
by Friday, October 16.
Be creative and have fun!
If you have any questions, please e-mail
Sandy Hogenauer at firstname.lastname@example.org
KIDSTUFF COUPON BOOK FUNDRAISER ENDS OCTOBER 1st
PURCHASE or RETURN YOUR BOOK TODAY!!!
If you haven't already done so, please send in a $25 check payable to Kutz H&S OR return the KidStuff book to your child's teacher. All books must be accounted for at the end of the sale. Thank you to all of the families who have purchased a book... Kutz earns $12.50 for each book sold!
Questions? Please contact Amy Majewski (email@example.com).
Box Top Collection Time
It’s time to bring in all the box tops you collected over the summer and earn money for Kutz!
- Please submit the box tops to your teacher in bundles/ bags of 50.
- Collection sheets available in the office. Check expiration dates.
- Be sure to label with your name and teacher's name so that your class gets credit!
Class with highest number of box tops wins contest! Stay tuned for reward!
Each box top=money for Kutz!
FED UP MOVIE SCREENING
Kutz Chess Club
School Board Briefs - September 21, 2015
At the September 21, 2015 School Board Meeting the Central Bucks School District School Board:
- Approved the minutes of the September 8, 2015 school board meeting.
- Heard the Superintendent’s Report: Educational Technology Update – Professional Development and ISTE Review.
- Approved the Treasurer’s Report and Summary of Fund Disbursements for the month of August 2015.
- Approved the August 31, 2015, September 15, 2015, and September 17, 2015 General Fund check disbursements; and the September 8, 2015 Capital Fund check disbursements.
- Approved the Ratification of Investments for the month of August 2015.
- Approved the Parameters Resolution giving MBIT the authority to refinance existing debt to reduce future interest payments.
- Approved the Gifts to Schools for the 2014-2015 school year.
- Tabled School Board Policy 222 – Tobacco so that the proposed policy can be posted on the CBSD website for public review.
- Approved various personnel items, courses of study, textbooks, student trips, and staff conferences/workshops.