December 13, 2018
Roosevelt Weekly Parent Info
Hello to all Roosevelt families! A few reminders for the week:
• Climb to Feed Kids: We have raised over $600 so far, but we still need your help to reach our goal of $1500!!!!! Your child can bring in any cash donations to their teacher starting now, OR here's the link to donate online. Next Friday, December 21, we will be having Dollar Dress Up Day. It will be opposite day, and your child can bring a $1 and dress up. Your support is appreciated!!!
• Coffee with the Principal: I would love, love, love to see some of you join me for coffee at Cub Foods West on Friday, December 21 from 7:30-8:30 AM. Please consider coming, as it is great to connect with the Roosevelt community. Just drop your kiddos off at school, and come take 10 or 15 minutes to sit and breathe. It'll be a great way to start your day!!!
• GLOVES...we are in need of some gloves to have on hand in the health office. If you have any you'd like to donate, please send them to the Roosevelt office. Thank you!
• Rocky Time: Today we introduced our new theme of Looking to the Future. Our quote for this month is, “The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.” - Mary Pickford. Ask your child about the Community Circle that they were a part of today. Next week during Rocky Time we are going to celebrate and have some FUN!! We are playing BINGO during Rocky Time and are in need of some prizes to give to students who win, and we will likely have many, many winners, so we are on the hunt for TONS-O-PRIZES. If you are willing to donate something small that would make a good prize, please deliver it to the office before Thursday of next week. Possible ideas could include: pencils, pens, markers, stickers, small stuffed animals, small toys, erasers, fruit snacks, cards, hair ties, nail polish, lip gloss, small cars, etc. Be creative!
• Roosevelt third graders have the opportunity to participate in the statewide Read to the Final Four contest using myON Reader. Third grade myON reading minutes will count toward Roosevelt's standing in the Read to the Final Four bracket. Roosevelt needs to be in the top 17 schools to move on to the bracketed tournament rounds in January. Third graders can view school rankings by logging into myON. Find more information about this on the flyer or by going to http://www.finalfourminneapolis.com/read-to-the-final-four/
Have a great weekend, Raccoons!!
Looking to the Future
Brian Jones, MSU Admissions Officer, kicked-off our new theme of "Looking to the Future". He talked about the importance of being SRR now so that everyone has options in the future.
This month's reading winners!!!! Kudos to you all...keep reading and turning in those bookmarks!
Thank you to Roosevelt staff for sharing AMAZING examples of persistence and looking to the future. Kids love to hear what this looks like in action.