THE PATRIOT POST
Newsletter for PHES Students and Families
YOU DID IT!
Your PTO set an ambitious goal of raising $10,000 to fund field trips for all of our students. You rose the the occasion and met that goal! I want to thank each and every one of you for your contributions, small and large, that made this possible.
As you met the ultimate goal, students have received or will receive each of the following rewards in accordance with the plan:
$3k - Popsicle Party (fulfilled)
$5k - Principal dresses in mascot costume all day (fulfilled)
$7k - Kids get to throw pies and cakes in faces of Admin (coming soon)
$10k - Admin team dyes hair pink (coming soon)
Thank you to Mrs. Wainscott and all the PTO members who helped put this fundraiser together.
Stay tuned for information from your student's teacher about field trips you helped fund this year.
Halloween in Herriman - it's sort of a big deal! 👻 🎃
Costumes: We encourage students to wear a costume on Friday. Please remember:
- no masks that cover the face (we need to see our students' beautiful faces for identification and communication purposes).
- No weapons and nothing too bloody or gory (let's have fun but not terrify little ones)
- students will walk from the Elementary School to the High School and back with their class between 8 and 9am
- parents wishing to watch the parade can do so from the church grounds adjacent to the high school
- please be sure to send your student in weather-appropriate gear, regardless of costume.
- Many teachers are choosing to have some sort of celebration. This is still an instructional day, but we recognize the value in celebrating as well as learning together.
- Look for information from your child's teacher.
Trunk or Treat
- This is an event hosted by the high school. See flyer below or contact the High School for more information.
Upcoming Events 🗓
October 25-28 - Red Ribbon Week
October 27 - Make up Picture Day 📸 (Contact Mrs. Phelps for more information)
October 27 - Quarter 1 Grades Due
October 29 - Halloween Festivities (see story above) 🎃
November 5 - Focus Friday (No students on campus)
(be sure to stay current on all PHES events by using our Google Calendar)
Hello, PHES Parents!
We hope you had a wonderful Fall Break! Here is what your students will be learning in social skills this week:
Kindergarten: Being assertive
1st Grade: Looking for more clues about feelings
2nd Grade: Feeling confident
3rd Grade: Conflicting feelings
4th Grade: Conversation and compliments
5th Grade: Accepting differences
Miss Kristen Leininger
Grades 1, 3, and 5
Mrs. Amanda Jenson
Grades K, 2, 4, and Special Success
Follow us on Instagram @ProvidenceHallElementary