It's Go Time!
Thank you for being great hosts!
On June 15-16 Aquin High School hosted overnight guests--bicyclers on the GITAP (Grand Illinois Trail and Parks) bike tour. Steve Ehlbeck coordinated the stay with the Aquin Boosters and Beltline Cafe. Following are the 'thank you' emails we received. Thank you to all who played a part in making the group's stay a success--and giving visitors a positive view of Freeport!
From Steve Ehlbeck (Aquin Dad, Booster and Event Coordinator):
I just want to thank you for your support of the Boosters hosting the GITAP bike tour. By all measures it was a very successful event and gave Aquin positive exposure to a diverse group of Freeport visitors. The door prize give-aways were a nice touch which the riders appreciated.
From Ed Barsotti (Executive Director, League of Illinois Bicyclists):
On behalf of LIB and our GITAP bicycle tour, thanks again to Freeport Aquin HS and Boosters for allowing GITAP to stay overnight, for the delicious meals, and for the rest of your hospitality!! It was greatly appreciated and contributed heavily to the success of our ride. Our riders enjoyed their stay in Freeport and at Aquin.
Please let me know any feedback from your end, too, on any problems that may have occurred, the school’s willingness to potentially host another GITAP stop sometime in the future, and so on. We hope that we left a good impression.
Thanks – much appreciated!
The Monroe Clinic Cardiology Department is again offering Free Cardiac screenings for students. The screening program is limited to high school students ages 14–18 (or age 13 and entering high school). It is designed to recognize the initial signs of Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. There is a 'Frequently Asked Questions' sheet and a waiver form linked below.
This screening only needs to be done once, so those who had it last year do not need to attend again. The screening will be offered at the Monroe Clinic, Freeport Branch, on Wednesday, August 6 from 1:00-5:00pm and also on Tuesday August 19 from 1:00-5:00pm. The appointment will take about 30 minutes. Parents do not need to attend as long as they send the signed waiver form with the student at the time of the appointment.
Get Ready to Run!
The 7th annual Colby Smith Memorial 4 Mile Classic will be held Saturday, August 23. Run start is 8 AM at St Thomas Church, Kiwanis Drive, Freeport, IL. Registration is available online at www.colbysmithmemorialrun.com and race day until 7:45 AM. Registration fee is $20 in advance, $15 students, or $25 on race day. Proceeds support the Colby Smith Memorial Scholarship Fund which provides scholarships to students of Aquin Catholic Schools in Freeport. New this year, $15 student entry fee. This is a unique point to point certified course. Get registered and we will see you at the start line!!!
Colby Smith Memorial 4 Mile Classic
Final Mandatory Athletic Meeting Dates
Aquin Cafeteria . Tuesday . August 5 at 6:00pm
(we realize there are Aquin events scheduled on these dates, but this is the best we can do to make the meetings available to the most families)
All Aquin student athletes entering grades 5-12 in 2014-15 and planning to participate in any sport (fall, winter or spring) must attend one 2014 Mandatory Athletic Meeting with at least 1 parent or guardian. At this meeting, parents/guardians will complete and submit all of the necessary paperwork for a student to be eligible to participate as an Aquin athlete in 2014-15. Aquin administration will also review athletic policies and expectations of all Aquin athletes and parents. The meeting will be held in the high school cafeteria. Please enter through the gym lobby.
Items that you need to have on file with the Aquin Business Office are:
1. Your student must be registered at Aquin and your tuition must be current.
- Your first tuition payment for 2014-15 is due July 15.
2. Verify student data maintained in TeacherEase.
- This form will be available for your review and should reflect updates made by you during registration.
3. Pick up information for Aquin Sports Physical Clinics offered by Monroe Clinic and FHN.
- ALL athletes must have a physical on file with the Aquin Business Office 1 week prior to his or her 1st practice (or contact office if scheduled in the week prior).
- Students entering Grades 6 and 9 must submit a complete health physical per state requirements. This physical fulfills the sports physical requirement.
- A sports physical DOES NOT fulfill the complete health physical requirement.
4. Pay Fall Sports Fee (or all Sports Fees for 2014-15)
- NEW THIS YEAR: 'Fall Sports Fee' due July 15.
- Do not combine sports fee payment with tuition payment. If paid by credit card, an additional $4 will be added to cover processing fees by bank.
- Grades 9-12 . $100 first sport, $80 second sport, $40 third sport
- CHANGE: Grades 5-8 . $55 first sport, $25 second sport, FREE third sport
5. Submit Vehicle Information Form--Grades 5-8 Only
- (model, make and license plate number of vehicle, proof of insurance and insurance account number)
- We will be providing new forms for everyone this year.
6. Concussion Testing and Forms
- All athletes must have a completed baseline test on file.
- All parents and athletes must have a signed concussion form on file.
7. Sign IHSA Drug Testing Consent Form
- This applies to students in grades 9-12 for 2014-15.
8. Asthma 'Self-Administer' Consent Form
- This is a new form this year--needs signature from prescribing doctor.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or call Peg at the Business Office at 815.235.3154 x 224.
Attention High School Interact Members!
Time for a Sing-a-long!
Log, Log, Log your Times at FHN.org
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily
Help us win the big prize!
(sung to 'Row, Row, Row Your Boat')
Please have your student--and yourself--log your times! We know that you're active daily--it only takes a minute to log your times and help Aquin win $2000. (that's a lot of Adesse tickets to sell!)
Go here and enter any active minutes from up to 2 weeks ago!