October 14, 2022
Big Kahuna Fundraiser Coming to a Close
Our Big Kahuna fundraiser will be closing out on Monday, with online sales closing on 10/24. The money we raise goes towards student enrichment materials and activities. Students who sell 15 items or more will get to go on the party bus. There is also a family plan option for siblings who sell 20 items together. See the fundraiser packet for details.
Online Sale Site: www.bigkahunaprime.com
Your school ID to register online is 4101
Important fundraiser dates:
End Date: 10/17
Online Site Closed: 10/24
Product Delivery Date: 11/14
Thank you for supporting the school fundraiser! You are making a difference!
This Week at Lincoln
Each week, we want to provide you with an overview of our Lincoln statistics and where we are as a campus. We will share information about enrollment, student behaviors, and attendance. Additionally, as we have celebrations to share regarding our students' academic successes, we'll list them here too.
Current enrollment: 452
Attendance (Goal 95%)
Average Daily Attendance Rate August-September: 95.2%
Average Daily Attendance Rate for the Week of:
- 10/3-10/6: 92.4%
- 10/10-10/14: 92.5%
***As a reminder, if your child is absent, be sure to send in a note within 48 hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org.***
Classes with the Highest Attendance Rate for the Week of 10/3-10/6:
- Ms. Haralson - 100%
- Mrs. Kirk - 98.4%
- Mrs. White - 98.2%
- Mrs. Veillon - 97.9%
- Mrs. Hensley - 97.4%
- Ms. Radford - 97.4%
- Mrs. Hochhauser - 97.2%
Positive Office Referrals:
Make a Note
Please read below for important information:
- Safety Concern: For the safety of our staff and students, please refrain from using cell phones in the car rider line. This is illegal and can result in a ticket and a fine.
- Be on the lookout for information from your child's teacher regarding fall parent conferences. These will take place prior to Thanksgiving.
Parent Involvement Opportunities
One of our campus goals is to build more parent involvement on our campus. As parents, you know your child best. We want to partner with you to consistently make our school better. Below are several opportunities where you can be involved or provide feedback.
- WatchDOGS - Click this link for more information, the program presentation from the district, the background form, and the registration form.
- Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) - Our PTO is an organization of parents that works to support our students and staff in a variety of ways. They recently purchased some toys and games that students can play with the weather inhibits their ability to play outside. They also bring in special programs and activities for our students and find ways to show appreciation to our staff. We encourage all families to join. For more information, you can contact our PTO at email@example.com. You can also find them on Facebook (@myLESPTO).
Staff Shout Outs
Monday, October 17:
- Big Kahuna Fundraiser Ends
Tuesday, October 18:
- School Board Meeting
- Report Cards Accessible in the Afternoon
Wednesday, October 19:
- Unity Day - Wear Orange.
Thursday, October 20:
- PTO Chronic Tacos Spirit Night
Friday, October 21:
- Rock Your School Day!
- Wear spirit wear or Rock & Roll attire!
- 4th/5th Grade Choir Trip (a.m.)
- Week of 10/24-10/28 - Red Ribbon Week
- 10/24 - Red Ribbon Week - Wear Stars & Stripes
- 10/25 - Red Ribbon Week - Wear Team Gear
- 10/26 - Red Ribbon Week - Wear Words with Power
- 10/26 - Talent Show Dress Rehearsal 4:00-5:30 p.m.
- 10/27 - Red Ribbon Week - Wear Socks wiht Crocs/Shoes
- 10/27 - Talent Show 6:00 p.m.
- 10/28 - Red Ribbon Week - Wear Your Favorite Book Character Costume
- 10/28 - Book Character Parade; Kindergarten Fall into STEM Day
Lunch visitors who are on a child's emergency contact list are welcome to eat with that child on the stage during the student's lunch period. Visitors will need to check in at the front office with their ID and get a visitor badge. Please do not invite other students to join you or provide food or snacks for other students. When lunch is over, all students will line up with their class. Visitors will return to the front office to turn in their visitor badge.
A friendly reminder, we do not have an open lunch policy so please do not order food for your child from outside vendors to be delivered to the school during the school day (i.e. Uber Eats, Grub Hub, Door Dash, or any kind of delivery service). This becomes a safety concern when staff need to leave the front office to deliver food to students or take their focus off of families who have business in the office. Food deliveries also increase the number of unfamiliar people entering the building. Additionally, our lunch times are very tight and do not allow for late deliveries. We cannot allow for learning to be disrupted by early or late food deliveries. Thank you for understanding our focus on safety and uninterrupted instructional time.
- Pre-K - 10:40-11:10
- Kindergarten - 11:15-11:45
- 1st Grade - 10:45-11:15
- 2nd Grade - 12:15-12:45
- 3rd Grade - 11:35-12:05
- 4th Grade - 11:55-12:25
- 5th Grade - 12:35-1:05
School Hours, Attendance and Tardies
- Doors open at 7:50
- Tardy bell rings at 8:15
- School day ends at 3:40
We are working hard to maximize each and every minute our students are here. Students who arrive after 8:15 are considered tardy and will need to be walked into the front door of the building and signed in by a parent or guardian. If your child needs to leave early, they may be checked out through the front office by a parent or guardian.
Changes in transportation need to be made prior to 2:00 in order to allow time for the messages to be communicated with the appropriate staff member. To request a change of transportation, either
- Send a note with your child,
- Email LincolnElementaryTransit@misd.org with the note and a copy of your driver's license, or
- Come to the school with a copy of your driver's license.
Location: 700 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Montgomery, TX, USA
Phone: (936) 276-4700