Watching stars shoot across the sky By: Beau Felmer Hour 4
Basic information about astronomers
- Work location include research, development and testing laboratories, and university's.
- Most astronomers work 40-30 hour a week, days and nights.
- Field is related to physics.
- Study radio Rays, X rays, cosmic rays.
- Most have doctoral degrees.
- Earn on average 85,000 a year.
- May design astronomical instruments.
- Most teach or conduct research and present findings.
- Astronomers don't just look at the stars, they research the entire universe.
- Job seekers will find keen job opportunities.
Pros and Cons of becoming an Astronomer
- Astronomers enjoy the challenge of exploring space and the galaxies.
- You might even get to name a new category of astronomical object, or discover something very remarkable and unexpected
- Most collage student get there schooling payed by through goverment agency's and grants.
- The down side is that the quality of jobs in astronomy is decreasing as tempory jobs lasting 1-2 years with low salary, are offsetting, tenured or civil service, positions.
- Work irregular hours, days and nights.
- As technology advances, astrophysicist mucky constantly develop new skills.
What do you need to succeed in this career?
Helpfull High School Courses-
- Math, Science, English, and Social Studies
- Advanced Chemistry, Physics, and Statistics and Probability.
Helpful Collage Cources-
- (AP) Calculus
- (AP) Geometry
- (AP) Physics
- (AP) Trigonometry
What colleges can I attend to earn my degree
Website adress: https://www.indiana.edu
Adress: 107 S. Indiana Avenue
Phone number: 812-855-4848
- Their is a ton of extracurricular clubs you can get involved with.
- Mathematics and science will be fulfilled by major.
- Online degree programs by IU are high ing ranked.
- Well known school, so there is going to be a lot of people.
- You are required to take 3 foreign languages.
- It can be difficult to get into the school with bad grades.
- Website Adress: https://www.mnstate.edu
- Adress: 1104 7th Ave South
- Phone Adress: 1-800-593-7246
- There are 7,500 active students, smaller school.
- More than 120-plus student clubs and organizations offer endless opportunities to learn, share, get involved and meet new people.
- The Office of Student Activities is dedicated to providing a variety of leadership programs, opportunities, and resources.
- It's expensive to get in.
- Far from home.
- The school could partake in more athletic clubs.
Adress: Los Angeles , CA 90033
Phone Number: (323) 442-2000
- Awesome extracurricular class and clubs.
- More academic opportunities than any other American university,a vibrant campus life, a location in the heart of a dynamic world.
- Division 1 school
- Vary expensive to get into the school.
- Huge school with a ton of people.
- Really far from home.
Associations/Professional organization for this career
Adress: Holmen Wisconsin 54626 USA
Adress- 333 Haris Mineral point, Wi
The Time now. “What is astronomy.” What is Astronomy? 10 astronomy facts. The Time Now, 1996. Web. 15 Jan. 2016. <http://www.thetimenow.com/astronomy/>.
The trustees of Indiana university. “Indiana university.” University of Indiana. Indiana university, n.d. Web. 15 Jan. 2016. <http://www.iu.eduI>.
University of Moorhead. “Minnesota State University Moorhead Collage.” Minnesota State Univercity Moorhead Collage. Minnisetoa Univercity, n.d. Web. 15 Jan. 2016. <https://www.mnstate.edu>.