Balclutha Primary School - T4 Wk 8
Newsletter 9 December 2022
It's hard to believe that the school year is almost over.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all our wonderful parents and caregivers for the amazing support you have given our school and our learners this year.
2022 has been a very mucky, unsettled year as we have navigated through a number of different COVID settings. Despite this, every single student at BPS has made solid progress this year, and as a school community, we need to be proud of how we have been able to work together to achieve this.
2023 brings a number of changes to our school and staff. We are all looking forward to a more settled year.
Have a wonderful Summer break.
Ngā mihi nui ki a koutou,
Whānau and School Update
It's hard to believe it’s the end of the year for school. We have all had another challenging year with Covid restrictions impacting on our community. We are looking forward to 2023 and hopefully fewer cases of Covid in the community.
One thing we need to celebrate and acknowledge is the wonderful BPS Whanau and School Committee.
These people help fundraise throughout the year so all the children at Balclutha Primary School benefit.
Did you know that the BPS Whanau and School funded the following in 2022:
* Two weeks of Swimming coaches for each class
* Prizebox for lucky tickets for the year
* $5,000 towards the sport co-ordinator
* School Stationery for all pupils
* $1,000 towards new Library books
* $8,000 for new structured literacy books for the whole school
* $5,000 towards the new playground surface
* Funded the pool for the Family Fun Day at the Balclutha Swimming Pool (next week)
All our students are benefiting from this, which is great!
For this to continue we really need more helpers, so please, come to the meetings next year and help us to continue supporting our wonderful school. It is also a great opportunity to meet some new people!
To the families who are leaving BPS, thank you for all your hard work over the years. You will be missed and we wish all the year 8 students all the best for their next adventure at secondary school.
Thank you to our wonderful teachers, teacher aides and Margaret. Enjoy your well deserved break.
Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Safe and Happy New Year.
Thank you to everyone who has sold their raffle tickets. The winners will be announced at assembly next Wednesday. Best of luck to everyone who bought a ticket!
Sara Sutherland & Carleigh Frisby
BPS Whanau and School Co- Presidents
Room 5 and Room 11 pupils working on their collage art.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY this week and next to...
and during the holidays...
Liberty Van Asperen
Kayden Hapuku Te-Nahu
- School Saveloys, sport fees and all camp fundraising and donations - 02 0900 0000 452 00
- Whānau and School, all fundraising (except camp fundraising), school uniforms (2nd hand and new) - 03 1734 0006449 00