What are the leading causes of Iron Deficiency Syndrome and how to cure it?
- bleeding inside of your body
- are not getting enough iron in your food
Iron deficiency may not cause noticeable symptoms. Some of the severe symptoms include:
- pale skin
Other signs are:
- rapid heartbeat
- brittle fingernails and toenails
- cracked lips
- smooth, sore tongue
- muscle pain during exercise
- trouble swallowing
Some of the things that the doctors will look at to see if you iron deficiency:
- complete blood count, of the color, size, shape, and number of blood cells
- Iron tests, measures the amount of iron in your blood to determine the type and severity of anemia.
- A ferritin level test, reflects how much iron may be stored in the body.
Taking iron pills and getting enough iron in your food will correct most of the cases and should take the pills 2 to 3 times a day and to take them with Vitamin C pills or some type of drink that has Vitamin C.