UGA Career Center Weekly Update
June 2, 2015
- Article: Get the Most out of Your Summer - Idealist Careers
- MAY GRADS: Fill out the UGA Career Outcomes Survey & pay it forward!
- UGA Alumni Career Fair save the date
- Judson Women's Leadership Conference
- Visit the Creative Circus!
II. JOBS & INVOLVEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- Internship Opportunity: AIESEC
- Job Opportunities: ACE Group, Walton County Public Schools
- Internships, Part-Time Jobs & Full-Time Job Deadlines
III. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Schedule an appointment this summer
- Meet your Career Consultant
I. Featured Events, Services & Tips This Week
May Grads: Tell us what you are doing after graduation!
Click here to see the UGA Class of 2014 Career Outcomes Survey data to learn employers that hired your major, median starting salaries, job titles and other information.
UGA Alumni Career Fair
Wednesday, June 10th, 11am-3pm
6400 Sugarloaf Parkway
All UGA alumni (that includes recent grads) are welcome to come out and network with employers seeking entry-level, as well as seasoned candidates. Make sure to dress professionally and bring copies of your resume. Your resume is your ticket in the door! No registration is required.
How to Prepare:
- Have your resume critiqued! Resume Critique Day will be held in the Atlanta Alumni Center on Wednesday, May 20th from 10am-3pm. Drop in any time between those hours, and make sure to bring a printed copy of your resume. Critiques will last 10-15 minutes and will be conducted by a Career Center staff member. Click here for resume examples or watch the recorded webinar on The Basics of the Resume & Cover Letter.
- To hear about the Top 5 Reasons You Should Attend this Fair, tune into the Alumni Webinar, hosted the Alumni Career Services office on Wednesday, May 27th from 12:00-1:00pm. Click here to register for the webinar!
Judson Women's Leadership Conference
When: Wednesday, June 24th, 9:00am - 4:00pm
Where: Atlanta, GA
As a part of the JCI Foundation’s mission to help young women achieve greatness in their lives through positive mentorship, education, and sport, The Judson Women’s Leadership Conference was created. It aims to help young women, entering or already in the workforce, achieve greatness in their lives by providing insight and tools which will help them become leaders in their respective fields.
And it's FREE for students!
Visit The Creative Circus!
Saturday, June 26th
Come to this great even just to cruise through the school, see what they offer and how they help people break into top marketing/communication agencies. Their grads work as creatives in top tier advertising, design, interactive and/or client side companies including Google, Microsoft, Apple, BBDO, & Leo Burnett, just to name a few.
Tour campus & learn more about individual programs offered, career placement assistance & financial aid. They'll provide breakfast so RSVP. Seriously.
The Creative Circus mission is to graduate the best-prepared, most avidly sought-after creatives in the marketing communications industry. With all due respect to your Magna cum something status, the fact is, it won’t get you hired in the top creative departments. Portfolios do. Really good ones. Sure, there’s always an exception. That kid whose father knows someone. The talented freak of nature. But for everyone else, The Creative Circus is a great portfolio school to start and an even better place to finish. Because when you do, you’ll be well prepared to get hired at the best agencies in the world, and more importantly excel there.
II. JOBS & LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Professional Associate - Claims
The ACE Group of Companies is looking for professionals with a Bachelor’s Degree to join our Early Career Development Program. This is a permanent full-time position and a compelling opportunity to join a growing, financially stable and successful company. As an industry leader, ACE is an employer of choice for students aspiring to develop a meaningful career in a fast-paced, diverse company with offices in most major US cities.
At ACE, we have designed our Early Career Development Program to hone your skills and talents, to help you reach your career goals. By joining the ACE Early Career Development Program, you will be part of an experience that supports the well-rounded development of critical business skills which turn contribute to the future success of our company.
Open to ALL Majors
Deadline to apply: June 14th
Walton County Public Schools, Monroe, GA
Teacher - Art - Youth Middle
Teacher - Agriculture - Loganville Middle
Teacher - Science - Loganville Middle
School Psychologist - Monroe Area High
Secretary for Counseling and Registrar - Walnut Grove High
Apply online at wcpsjobs.org
These are just a FEW of the 1,300+ full-time, part-time and internship positions on DAWGlink!
III. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
The University of Georgia Career Center
The Career Center will be open all summer, and we will be able to help you with:
- Choosing a major/career
- Resume writing
- Getting into graduation school/finding a job
FOR APPOINTMENTS: call 706-542-3375. No appointments are scheduled via email.
*Walk-in & satellite hours will resume Fall 2015*
* All University of Georgia Career Center sponsored events are for UGA students and alumni only.
* The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people with disabilities and will provide accommodations if notified in advance. To request accommodations please contact us at 706-542-3375.
* To help ensure a pleasant & productive environment for all participants, please follow these guidelines:
1. Respect all participants (employers, job seekers, & staff).
2. Appropriate attire is required and is determined by event. Some events require Professional or Business Attire.
3. For safety reasons, the doorways to the event (inside & out) & the surrounding areas must be kept clear at all times.
4. Participants are expected to cooperate with all reasonable requests made by members of the staff & all reasonable requests of any person acting in an official capacity as a representative of the participating institutions.
5. If questions or concerns arise during the event, please contact a member of the Career Center staff for assistance.
* Please DO NOT use quotation marks or add any other text to the body of the message.
PLEASE READ THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS TO UNSUBSCRIBE.