Northampton Parent Newsletter
News and Reminders
- January 31 - 100th day of school! Dress like you are 100 years old!
- Coin Wars (2/3-7) - Classrooms will compete in coin wars to raise money to buy books for their classroom during book fair.
- Spring Creek Spirit Night - 2/6 - Join us at Spring Creek BBQ for our fundraiser!
- Grandparents Lunch (2/10) - We encourage all Grandparents, or grandparent like figures, to join their grandchildren for lunch on February 10th.
- STEAM Night (2/13) - 5:30-7:00 - Please join us for our Spring family night! We will have make and take activities, games, the book fair, and more!
- Valentine's Exchange (2/14) - Students will be exchanging cards in class on the day of Valentine's. PFO will provide a sweet treat to students.
- Multicultural Day (2/21) - Please join us for our Multicultural Day on February 21st from 8:30 – 10:30! Students will research a culture of their choice. They can create a poster and/or dress-up to represent the culture. All students will participate in a parade of cultures at 8:30AM.
Parents, we invite you to share about your culture as well by presenting/creating a poster or bringing items/photographs. We will have tables set up for you to display your items. The parent booths will be set up at 9:15AM so the students and parents can visit them to learn more about other cultures. Please contact our school counselor, Mrs. Alvis, if you are interested in by February 14th.
We would love for all of you to come and enjoy this fun day! This session counts toward Parent University Credit.
- Book Fair (2/10-14) - The book fair will be open the week of February 10-14th.
- Klein Serves (3/28) - Klein Serves is a day where Klein students will come together for a day of service called Klein Family Serves! This student-led event is an opportunity for the district to give back to the community that continuously supports our schools by working together on different service projects. Click the link to learn more.
- 2019-2020 School Calendar - Here is the link for the 2019-2020 Klein ISD School Calendar
- Lunch menus: Can be found on this website which is updated monthly.
When?: April 3, 2020, 5:30 – 8:00pm
Where?: Northampton Elementary School, Park at Hildebrandt and take a shuttle over
What?: Our Spring Carnival will be a fun family affair. There will be attractions including large carnival rides, inflatables, virtual reality games, face painting and much more. Don’t worry about dinner as we will have food trucks and snack bar.
Why?: We are raising money to have a track added to our school for our students and the community. This will also allow Northampton to create and utilize nationally recognized running programs/clubs.
How?: Information on how to pre-order tickets and shirts will be communicated soon.
Our next Carnival Planning meeting is at Panera Bread on February 11th at 6:00pm.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or if you are interested in volunteering. We look forward to seeing you there for a evening of family, friends and fun!
Carnival Sponsorship Form
On March 28, 2020 Klein is hosting a day of service (8 am – 12 pm) where students, faculty and staff of Klein ISD join together to give back to the community that is always supporting us. Northampton Elementary is excited to join Klein Family Serves in doing various service projects around our school community. We will be working together with the Klein Oak family and we need volunteers for this fun day! Please visit kleinisd.net/serves for more information and to sign up to volunteer. If you sign up by Friday, January 31st you will receive a free t-shirt!!
February 3-7 - Coin Wars!
February 6 - Spring Creek Fundraiser
February 10-14 - Book Fair Week
February 10 - Grandparents Lunch
February 13 - STEAM night!
February 14 - Valentine's Exchange in class
February 17 - No School
February 21 - Multicultural Day
February 28 - Stand up to Bullying Day and Go Texan Day - "Give Bullying the Boot"
March 2-6 - Read Across America Week
March 4 - Willies Spirit Night
March 6 - Field Day
March 7-15 - Spring Break
State Assessment Dates
Please plan around these dates when scheduling advance appointments.
4/7 - 4th Writing, 5th Math
4/8 - 5th Reading
5/12 - 3-4 Math, 5th Math Retest
5/13 - 3-4 Reading, 5th Reading Retest
5/14 - 5th Science
Northampton will be a closed campus (including volunteers and lunch visitors) the week of state testing.