First Grade Newsletter
Miss Fore's Class
NO SPELLING THIS WEEK
- You are welcome to come to our holiday party as long as you are VIPS approved and wearing your orange lanyard! No siblings please.
- There are only 2 weeks left in this grading period. When we come back in January for the 3rd 9 weeks, there will be some grading changes. I will only read directions on tests and no example. I must also start taking off one point for each incomplete sentence, and for misspelled words copied from a word bank.
- We are collecting money for a holiday gift for our amazing custodial and cafeteria staff through Thursday.
Week of December 14th
- Author of the Month - Ezra Jack Keats
- Comprehension - Genres (Fiction vs. Nonfiction)
- Wordly Wise Lesson 4
We will zoom in on small moments using details in our journal entries.
Tx Go Math! Unit 2: Number and Operations
- Module 8: Addition and Subtraction Word Problems.
Math Fact Practice
We will continue to learn about weather and seasons.
Wordly Wise Lesson 4
December 18th: Early Dismissal (12:15 pm)
December 21st - January 4th: Winter Holiday
Tuesday -Writing Lab 1
Wednesday - PE 2
Thursday - Computer 2
Friday -Math 2
Tardy Bell: 7:45 am
Recess: 10:30 am
Lunch: 12:15 pm
Ancillary: 1:05 pm
Dismissal: 3:00 pm
- Our Scholastic class code for ordering online is P6BXQ.
- Monitor your child's grades on Grade Speed, and graded work that comes home.
- Students receive a grade for handwriting. When working on homework and studying spelling words and correct your child if they reverse their letters.