Eastside Dream Builders
Eastside Elementary Parent Newsletter
SAVE THE DATES
- April 8 - Garden Committee Meeting 3:45
- April 12 week - GA tests for Summative ACT Aspire
- April 13 - Kinder registration 3:40 - 6:00
- April 13 - Class pictures
- April 16 - Test Bash
- April 19/23 - K-2 EOY MAP testing and Grade 3 ACT Aspire
- April 24 - Art Jam at Matthews Park
- April 26/30- Grade 4 and 5 ACT Aspire
- May 3/7- 3-5 MAP testing for EOY
- May 3/7 - Eastside Art Show by Mrs. Moore
- May 17/24 - Track and Field dates
- May 27 - Kinder screening day 3:40-7:40
- May 28 - Last day of school
- It's very important that your child is on time to school each day! In the morning students are placed into groups based on areas for growth or enrichment. This is a valuable 40 minutes of instruction. Instruction begins at 7:40 and the tardy bell rings at 7:50. If you arrive past 7:50 please walk your child to the doors so you can sign them into the office.
- From Coach May Transportation Director: Any student not riding their regular bus must have a note signed by the office. We have several students each day that we are having to try and call parents to make sure they are going to the right place.
- Remember! The car rider line is a cell phone free zone!
- You may send a water bottle to school with your child and they may refill it at our touchless water refilling station.
- Parents will be able to come eat lunch with their child at our outdoor pavilion. Lunch times: 4th grade 10:30-11:00, 1st grade 11:00-11:30, 3rd grade 1:30-12:00, Kindergarten 12:00-12:30, 2nd grade 12:30-1:00, 5th grade 1:00-1:30.
- The updated school calendar for the 2020-2021 school year can be found here
Panther Cuisine Meal Pick Up Program:
The Panther Cuisine Meal program is a breakfast and lunch meal pick up program for Greenbrier students who are taking online classes through Greenbrier Academy or who have been quarantined through COVID-19. This curbside meal pick up service will be provided once per week at the Junior High Cafeteria on Thursdays from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm (Noon) in a drive-through format, with each student receiving five breakfasts and five lunches. Parents/Guardians may pick up meals without their children present. Panther Cuisine meals meet and follow guidelines per USDA regulations. Menus are subject to change based on availability. This program is free to Greenbrier students.
The following form must be completed by MONDAY at 12:00 pm (Noon) each week to request the total number of meals needed.
If you have any questions or concerns about any Child Nutrition Services, please don't hesitate to reach out to Sara Long, Child Nutrition Director at 501-679-8214 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are excited to begin our school-wide book club, EES Reads as One! We will occasionally send home suggested activities that go along with the book. We may have trivia questions and vocabulary on our weekly news or in class, which will encourage active reading and listening!
March 5: Ch 1 at school
March 8-12: Ch. 2 & 3
March 15-19: Ch. 4 & 5
March 22-26: Ch. 6
March 29-April 2: Ch. 7
April 5-9: Ch. 8-9
April 12-16: Ch. 10
April 19-23: Ch. 11 at school
Watch this video from Mrs. Havens to learn more and hear Chapter 1!
Be on the lookout for this permission slip from Greenbrier PTO! We would love for everyone to participate to help raise money for our school! If you would like to help our school, please sign and return the permission slip!