LIECK REUNITED! Parent Edition
INSTRUCTIONAL SCHOOL DAY: 7:45 A.M. - 3:10 P.M.
We hope that your Winter Break was filled with time with friends and family and time to unwind and relax.
There is something very magical about this time that lifts spirits for what is new to come and the great things that lie ahead of us. Here's to wishing each one of you a very special and prosperous new year!
Welcome to a great week back, we missed you!
NISD staff and families,
We hope that your holidays have been filled with peace and happiness. Northside ISD continues to closely monitor local health conditions and the rise in Omicron variant cases. Classes in Northside will resume, as planned, on Monday, Jan. 3. I want to assure you that NISD remains committed to proactively doing all we can to keep students and staff safe and to remind everyone of the steps they can take to help with this commitment.
- The use of facemasks is still strongly encouraged for all students, staff, and visitors while indoors at all District facilities.
- If you or your child is symptomatic or ill, stay home and/or consult with your medical provider. Individuals who have confirmed cases of COVID-19 will be asked to isolate for a minimum of 5 days or until symptom-free. We will continue to ask that individuals living in the same home as a COVID-positive individual also remain isolated for 5 days depending on vaccination status. Review the City of San Antonio Metro Health District’s Health Advisory issued Dec. 28 for more information.
- As a reminder, free COVID-19 testing is available from Metro Health at Farris Stadium (8400 North Loop 1604 W, San Antonio, TX 78249) and Inselmann Field (kiosk near ticket booth) at the Hardin Athletic Complex (7001 Culebra Rd, San Antonio, TX 78238). Appointments must be scheduled.
- Strongly consider getting the COVID-19 vaccine for you and all eligible individuals in your home. Everyone ages 5 and up are now eligible for a Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine. The District is hosting a vaccine location on Jan. 2 at the Northside Activity Center (7001 Culebra Rd., 78238) from 10 AM to 3 PM. No appointment is needed. You may also call 311 for vaccine information and resources related to COVID-19.
In addition, District staff will continue to follow our cleaning and sanitizing protocols at all facilities and on all school buses.
We know that the best learning environment for the vast majority of children is in person and with a certified teacher. Working together we can better ensure that our students and staff remain as safe as possible and that we minimize the loss of quality instruction and learning. Thank you for your continued support and Happy New Year!
Dr. Brian Woods
MONDAY, JANUARY 3RD- PJ'S OR COZY WARM-UPS - ITS EXPECTED TO BE VERY COLD ON MONDAY!
Important Dates in January
Mondays wear your favorite Lieck Spirit Shirt!!
Fridays we are College Bound! Wear your favorite College shirt!
January 3: Pajama Day or Cozy Warm-ups!
January 4: 80th Day of School, wear your 80's inspired gear!
January 11: Author Visit, Marc Tyler Nobleman
- Student Holiday/No School
- No Name Calling Week
January 18: Toddler Story Time @ 9:30am
January 19: Kinder Round Up (Jan. 19-28)
January 24: Holocaust Remembrance Week
- Early Release @ 11:45
- Lieck Kinder Round Up 5:00-6:30
2022 KINDERGARTEN ROUNDUP
In November, the NISD Board of Trustees approved changes to the District’s 2021-2022 school calendar that will give teachers more time for planning.
On Wednesday, Jan. 26, the first of five Teacher Planning Time/Student Early Dismissal Days will be held.
The other early dismissal dates are Feb. 16, March 23, April 20, and May 18.
Elementary schools will dismiss at 11:45 a.m., middle schools at 12:40 p.m., and high schools at 1 p.m. Breakfast and sack lunches will be provided on these days. For families who need it, adult supervision will be available at all elementary schools, so students can remain on campus until the end of the normal school day. Learning Tree will also be available at traditional times.
4TH/5TH DISMISSAL CHANGES IN JANUARY
*Kinder, 1st to move down one bench to make room for 2nd grade. They will be at the corner of the K-2 side.
*3rd Grade move down to the end where 2nd was originally to make room for 4th which will be in the middle and 5th at the end of the row.
*As always, parents please allow your child's teacher to dismiss safely. Students are expected to make a final exchange with the teacher before they leave. Please do not take your child with out the teacher knowing.
It is lunchtime, can I eat with my child?
Limited Cafeteria Space: Because we are committed to safety, we are spacing students out the best we can during lunch. We do have very limited space on stage for one parent to eat with their child. Please contact the front office at 210-398-1450 to check availability. Thank you for understanding.
STUDENT SIGN IN AND OUT
Student is coming from an appointment parents will need to walk their student into office to sign in their student in our health log.
Student Sign Out- Please have your Driver's License or Identification Card (we can not accept government IDs)
If you will need to sign your student out, we ask that it is done before 2:40PM.
Student Birthdays- No Goodie Bags, Drinks or Balloons
Balloons, goodie bags, or food items (other than those above) are strictly prohibited. When purchasing cupcakes, be aware that there are a number of students on campus that have food allergies. Check with your child’s teacher before sending cupcakes to school to ensure items sent can be taken to the classroom. Cupcakes are to be dropped off at the school office and our staff will deliver them to the classrooms near the end of the school day. The cupcakes must not be eaten in the cafeteria and will be passed out to the children at the very end of the school day in order to limit disruption to instructional time. Parents and family members are not allowed to deliver cupcakes to the classroom.
News from Librarian, Ms. Reyna
From our AWESOME Counselors!
-From the Clinic, Nurse Kristyn Gonzales-
- In the event we are made aware of a positive case on campus, the student or staff member is safely and quickly transferred from their location to the Isolation Room where the nurse attends to the individual's needs and prepares the child or adult for pickup. The classroom or specific location then undergoes a thorough cleaning/disinfecting protocol by our custodial staff.
- Nurse Kristyn with assistance from an administrator, will then perform contact tracing and identify close contacts. A close contact is considered to be individuals who are within 3-6 feet of each other with either individual not wearing a face mask. If your child is a close contact, the family will be notified by phone with that information. General Covid notification letters may be sent to families via School Messenger by grade level or classroom depending on the situation.
- If a student is sent to the clinic with symptoms of Covid-19, Nurse Kristyn is able to administer a nasal swab Rapid Test with written PARENTAL CONSENT. Please contact the school nurse at 210-398-1459 to get more information about the Rapid Test.
Please continue to scan your receipts on the Box Top app. Our goal this year is to collect $500. All money earned from box tops goes back to the students to help fund special activities. If you have any questions about scanning your box tops, please contact Mrs. Zigmond. Monique.Zigmond@nisd.net
Lieck PTA News
Meet your new PTA Board and Help Wanted!
Building a lasting legacy!
Special thank you to the parents who have accepted nominations to serve in a critical role for the upcoming school year.
Our 2021-22 PTA Board members are:
President - Waleska Rivera
Treasurer - Adriana Guzman
1st VP - Monique Najera
Secretary: Emma Wittman
-Positions still available-
2nd VP Programs
3rd VP Membership
HELP WANTED! If you are interested in serving on the board please reach out to the school today!
Thank you families for always making Lieck a GREAT place for our students!
While one-on-one communication is the best, in a district as large as Northside ISD it is sometimes difficult. Because we want our parents to stay informed, NISD has several ways that parents and other interested citizens can stay informed about the successes and challenges of San Antonio’s premier school district of choice, as well as find out news about their children’s schools.
Want to receive "Push" notifications from Lieck Elementary straight to your phone? Download the NISD Mobile App today!
Report Cards | Attendance | Technology
Home Access Center
The Home Access Center (HAC) allows parents to register students, complete data verification, access report cards, and track attendance.
(Your username is your email address and your password is the temporary password you received by email. You will be required to change it the first time you log in.)
Online payments | Balances | Sales
Balances, payments, and account management for meals, ECC tuition, and sales of graduation home-videos are handled online through partner services.