February 5th, 2020
Where Has Mrs. Fadeji Been?!
In case you are wondering where I've been the past two and a half weeks, I've been stuck! Stuck in my office, having way too many difficult conversations with students about the choices they are making. Don't get my wrong, I've been able to celebrate quite a few amazing things as well, BUT it's not quite spring yet, so this trend has me a little worried. So many of our students are making great choices daily, but EVERY student could benefit from some brush ups! So can we as the adults, right?!
Would you be willing to join us in increasing your meaningful family conversations and giving reminders about kindness, respect, thoughtfulness, and inclusion? Here are some conversation starters thanks to a quick Google search. Have fun with these!
- If you could design your own school, what would it look like?
- What would be the most fun birthday celebration you could have?
- If you could invite any person to dinner, who would you invite?
- If you could take a trip anywhere, where would you go?
- If you were a teacher, what would you teach? A certain class? A certain grade?
- When you are an adult, how will you parent differently?
- If you won $1000, what would you do with it?
- If you were granted three wishes, what would they be?
- Name three things you are grateful for.
- What sound really bothers you?
- What do you do when you’re feeling really angry?
- Who is the funniest person you know? Why?
- What do you do when you see someone being teased?
- Describe yourself in five words.
- If I could do one thing to be a better parent to you – what would it be?
- What do you worry about the most? Why?
- What do people like about you?
- What is the best thing about our family?
- Who is someone you admire right now? Why?
- Have I ever not noticed when you were sad?
- How do you react when your feelings are hurt? Does it help?
- What do you like best about your friends?
- What don’t you like about them?
- What are you most proud of?
- What scares you and why?
- What’s your favorite family tradition?
Global School Play Day Was SOOOOO Fun!
Could you give one hour a week?
Lost & Found: An Opportunity for Responsibility!
In the meantime, thank you for ensuring the staff lot remains a staff parking lot. There should not be any parking along the driveway up to the staff parking lot. The driveway is too narrow for cars to go in and out as well as to accommodate parking.
Other parking lot reminders as always:
- Be kind and assume positive intent.
- Turn right when leaving the family parking lot.
- If you are entering the parking lot coming from Old Redwood Highway and making a left hand turn into the parking lot (across a double yellow), it is not safe or legal to hold up traffic on Adobe Road while "waiting for someone to let you in". Please use the Petaluma Hill Road/Adobe Road traffic flow to enter the parking lot when at all possible.
- Use crosswalks at all times.
Thanks for kicking off the life skill of the month today, Penny! Kindness is one of our favs!
February's Life Skill is: KINDNESS!
These 2nd graders are finding evidence of kindness all around!
“I SHOW KINDNESS BY...”
For details go to doodle4google.com. For past winners click HERE. I have a prepaid entry envelope if your student wants to send it with other Penngrove entries. Please bring in art on required entry form to the office attention Kris Thomason. Questions please email email@example.com. Entries are due by March 13th.
Sonoma County Teacher Of The Month
K-Hits 104.9 contest - Nominate a special public school or public charter school teacher in your life! https://www.khits1049.com/teacher-of-the-month/.
El condado de Sonoma está bendecido con algunos maestros excepcionales. https://www.khits1049.com/teacher-of-the-month-spanish.
LIABILITY WAIVERS for FIELD DAY!
The liability waiver you sign on Aeries will not cover upcoming PTA events. If you do not return a waiver for your child they will not be able to participate in PTA events.
You may not have seen this in the past. Our events have reached a new level of fun, including things like jumpies and obstacle courses. The waiver is being sent home with students and will allow your child to participate in these fun activities. We would never add anything that you haven’t already seen at birthday parties and local fun centers.
If you have specific concerns, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Could your business sponsor the Penngrove talent show?
Promote your business with an ad in the program! We have space for 20 sponsorships, available on a first come first serve basis. Black and white business card sized ads are $100/each. Sponsorships allow for free admission to this event for all families.
Show your support here: bit.ly/talentsponsor
Contact email@example.com with any questions. Thank you for your support!