Board Meeting Summary
Glen Ellyn School District 41
December 17, 2018 Regular Board Meeting
Meetings are video streamed live online and the videos are archived on the District website, Click Here.
Superintendent's Reports | watch
- Special Education Strategic Planning Committee Update
Director of Student Services Laurel O’Brien spoke about the second committee meeting of the year. She provided information about the professional development going on throughout the district including the work with inclusion expert Dr. Julie Causton. They also reviewed the work of the Year 2 of the strategic plan. Board members asked questions and engaged in conversation related to planning for year three.
Board Reports | watch
Public Participation - None
- 2018 HumaneX Survey Results | watch
Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources Marci Conlin presented the staff survey results. She shared the top five and the bottom five themes that surfaced from the survey. Overall, 95 percent of District 41 staff are “highly engaged” and “highly satisfied” according to the results.
Action Items | watch
- Employment Recommendations
- Resignations and Retirements
- School District Payment Order - November 29, 2018 - December 10, 2018
- FOIA Report - November 28, 2018 - December 10, 2018
- November 2018 Financial Reports
- Monthly Revenue/Expenditure Summary Report
- Investment Schedule
- Treasurer's Report
- Summary of Bills and Payroll
- Vandalism Report
- Disposal of Surplus Property
Board Meeting Minutes
- December 3, 2018 - Regular Meeting Minutes
- December 3, 2018 - Closed Session Meeting Minutes
Superintendent's Recommendations | watch
- Approve Board Member Meeting Expense
(Voted Yes - Clark, Loebach, Bruno, Currie, D’Ambrosio, Nelson)
(Voted No - Buchholz)
- 4:20 AP Fiscal Philosophy Revisions
(Voted Yes - Clark, Buchholz, Loebach, Bruno, Currie, D’Ambrosio, Nelson)
- Approve the 2018 Levy | watch
Each Board member stated their position on the levy and discussed how to best move forward.
(Voted Yes - Clark, Buchholz, Currie, D’Ambrosio)
(Voted No - Bruno, Loebach, Nelson)
Future Agenda Items | watch
- Mrs. Nelson suggested that the Board invite Peg Agnos of LEND for an update about what is happening in Springfield related to education. Board agreed to invite her to a future meeting.
Monday, January 7, 2019 | Regular Meeting at Central Services Office 7:00 p.m.
Monday, January 21, 2019 | Regular Meeting at Central Services Office 7:00 p.m.