News from the Dutch Fork High School Media Center
Dutch Forks Reads Cheat
There's still time to email Mrs. Newman with your name and a one sentence description of what your class did. The deadline is January 10. Then we'll draw 3 classes from the email entries to receive a pizza party.
Thanks to Bill Robinson and Student Council, the literacy committee, and the library advisory committee for their help promoting Cheat.
Photo credit: Blakely Sheely
Share these iMovie tips with your students:
- Create a storyboard, plan, script, etc. before filming.
- Film and create in horizontal/landscape
- Actors: don't look at the camera
- When speaking into the microphone be as close as you can to the iPad
- Make sure you have good lighting
- Hold the iPad steady or use a stand or tripod
- Try to get at least 2 good shots of each scene
- Shoot from a variety of angles
- Don't film from below the subjects
Want more information on creating and using video in the classroom? Click here.
Students can now upload from Google Drive or Dropbox.
Turnitin also supports the following formats: MS Word, WordPerfect, PostScript, PDF, HTML, RTF, OpenOffice (ODT), Hangul (HWP), PowerPoint (PPT) and plain text.
Thanks to our Teen Read Week participants!
Scholastic Holiday Warehouse Book Sale
Up to 80% off for educators!
971 Harbour Drive
West Columbia, SC 29169
See website for details:http://www.scholastic.com/bookfairs/events/warehouse/