December 2, 2022
MESSAGE FROM MR. FITZPATRICK
- Please remember that in front of Kerby, school buses that transport several of our students need to be able to pull in to unload and pick up. If you do use the cut out, please remember to leave space for the buses.
- It is wonderful to see many of our Kerby students playing on the ground after school. All we ask is that parents be there to supervise their child. We will be sending home any student who is playing and doesn't have any parent supervision.
MAGNET INFORMATION FOR CURRENT 2nd AND 3rd GRADERS
If you have a current 2nd or 3rd grade student you may be interested in finding out about our magnet program. The GPPSS offers a magnet program for 3rd and 4th grade students. Please click here for more information and here for an application to nominate your student if you are interested. Additional information is available on our district website.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION MONTHLY NEWS
It is December!! That means it is time for Reindeer Games. We started Monday after the break and will go till Christmans break. Each class will have five Christmas themed games to play in and have fun. All students are assigned to a Reindeer Team so ask them who they are and how they are doing in December. Any questions please contact PE Teacher Chris Metzger at email@example.com
SAFETY AND SERVICE UPDATES
Attention Safety/Service Participants- On 12/1 we will be rotating to a new schedule. Moving forward we will rotate on the first of every month. Each month will be titled Yellow Month or Green Month. November was "Yellow" and December will be "Green". Each month will rotate for the remainder of the school year. Any questions contact Chris Metzger PE Teacher at firstname.lastname@example.org
5th GRADE BAND AND ORCHESTRA
ORDER YOUR PTO PRINTED DIRECTORY IF NEEDED
Now that the online directory has been launched, we will be working on a printed copy. If you are are interested in purchasing a printed directory, they will be available for sale at PTO events. You can also reserve a copy via this sign up genius.https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0f4daea829aafe3-kerby1 The cost of a printed directory is $20. If you already paid for the printed directory at registration we will delivery it to you once it is printed.
KERBY GARDEN CLEANUP- DECEMBER 6, 2022
PTO HOLIDAY CARD AND GIFT FUNDRAISER
We can’t believe it either, but the holidays are right around the corner! This year, we’re
partnering with Minted to help us fundraise for our new playground.
Using our unique code FUNDRAISEKERBY, you can get 20% OFF all your Minted holiday card &
gift purchases—and for every order placed, Minted will donate 15% back to our organization.
With high-quality products designed by independent artists, like custom photo gifts, holiday
cards, tote bags, stationery, and more, Minted has meaningful gifts for every special occasion.
To participate, simply visit minted.com/holiday to start your holiday shopping. Apply code
FUNDRAISEKERBY at checkout to claim your 20% discount. It’s that easy! Minted will track every
purchase made using our code, and we’ll get 15% of the proceeds donated back to our
Please feel free to forward this email with friends and family—the more people shop Minted
using our code, the more our organization earns!
KERBY PTO PARENTS NIGHT OUT - DECEMBER 16, 2022
PTO TELLY'S EVENT- DECEMBER 20, 2022
TEACHER AMAZON WISH LIST
"Wish to give back to the teachers who help out in your childs everyday learning but don't know how? Here are some teachers amazon wish list. You can also find these on the PTO website, where the lists will be updated as they are given to the PTO.
Y5's - Kim Chwalek Check out my list on Amazon
K-Julie Vantol Check out my list on Amazon
1- Megan Brown Check out my list on Amazon
1- Mackenzie Meckl Check out my list on Amazon
2 -Brooke Farrell Check out my list on Amazon
2 -Kathy Schmitz Check out my list on Amazon
3-Jenna Valgoi Check out my list on Amazon
4- Kristin Remillet Check out my list on Amazon
4- Christi Mendez - Check out my list on Amazon
ASD- Kelly Morawski Check out my list on Amazon
ASD - Ryan Boyd Check out my list on Amazon
Music -Mary Ann Magill Check out my list on Amazon
Library -Danielle Gostomoski Check out my list on Amazon
Art - Erin Maday Check out my list on Amazon
Yearbook ID Code- 12276623
Order deadline: March 20, 2023
Ordering yearbooks was not an option during picture ordering, incase you are wondering if you already ordered one.
Lunch Charge (includes meal, salad bar and milk) - $3.10
Milk - .50
To place funds in your student's account for lunch, visit your student's ParentPortal page, click on the "cafeteria" tab and click "Online Food Service Payments."
Free breakfast is available through Chartwells to any families that are interested. There is a bag with a box of cereal, package of graham crackers, milk and juice.
- Time -Mon-8:45 -9:05, Tues - Fri. 8:00 - 8:20 AM
- Where - Kerby Gym
- How to get in the building - ring the kids club bell in the front of the school on Kerby Rd (the old entrance). A staff member will let you in.
Next Hungry Howie Pizza Days at Kerby
Friday -December 16, 2022
Free and Reduced Lunch Application - if your child receives free and reduced lunch they will be charged if they just get a milk. They must receive the whole lunch.
GUIDELINES FOR KEEPING KIDS HOME AFTER BEING SICK
Guidelines to Exclude a Child from School:
A parent/guardian will be called at home or work if an injury or illness occurs at school.
If a child is unable to participate comfortably in school activities or if there is risk of spread of harmful disease to others, the student will be excluded from school.
Here is a list of criteria for various symptoms/illnesses that may occur:
1. Severely ill: A child that is lethargic or less responsive, has difficulty breathing, or has a rapidly spreading rash.
2. Fever: A child with a temperature of 100.4°F or greater AND behavior changes or other signs or symptoms (e.g., sore throat, rash, vomiting, or diarrhea). The child should not return until 24 hours of no fever, without the use of fever-reducing medications.
3. Diarrhea: A child has two loose or watery stools. The child should have no loose stools for 24 hours prior to returning to school. Exception: A healthcare provider has determined it is not infectious. For students with diarrhea caused by Campylobacter, E. coli, Salmonella or Shigella, please refer to the chart for exclusions and required clearance criteria.
4. Vomiting: A child that has vomited two or more times. The child should have no vomiting episodes for 24 hours prior to returning. A child can return to school when able to tolerate liquids and food. Exception: A healthcare provider has determined it is not infectious.
5. Abdominal pain: A child with abdominal pain that continues for more than two hours, or intermittent pain associated with fever or other symptoms.
6. Rash: A child with a rash AND has a fever or a change in behavior. Exclude until the rash subsides or until a healthcare provider has determined it is not infectious. For students with a diagnosed rash, please refer to the chart for exclusions and required clearance criteria.
7. Skin sores: A child with weeping sores on an exposed area that cannot be covered with waterproof dressing.
8. Certain communicable diseases: Children and staff diagnosed with certain communicable diseases, including COVID-19, may have to be excluded for a certain period of time. Click this link to view the chart for more information.
Taken from “Managing Communicable Diseases in Schools” by MDHHS and Michigan Department of Education (Feb 2022)
COVID SCREENING TOOL - WE REALLY APPRECIATE EVERYONES DILEGENCE IN KEEPING KIDS HOME WHEN SICK. PLEASE CONTINUE TO KEEP USING THIS SCREEING TOOL FOR COVID.
Do you use Peachjar?
GPPSS uses an online platform for flyers called Peachjar. You can access from our website and customize your subscription for any school or schools you wish to follow. The flyers are ADA compatible and nonprofits can upload for a nominal fee (less than printing). PTO and school flyers are free.