A weekly newsletter for LVES Parents
October 16, 2015 - Issue 9
End of the 1st Nine Weeks
Tax Ratification Election Community Meeting
Fire Safety Visit
LVES will welcome Northlake Fire and Rescue on Friday, October 23rd. This annual presentation is an opportunity for Kindergarten through 4th grade students to learn about fire safety. Students will have the chance to look inside one of the fire trucks! Thank you Northlake Fire and Rescue for keeping our community safe!
Vikings Read Program
Community Clothes Closet
Book Character Parade
LVES will have a Book Character parade at 9:00 on October 30th. Students will need to choose a character from a book to dress as and write about. Students must have approval from their teacher for the character they choose. (No scary or violent characters, please.) Your child can represent the character as simply as wearing a pair of glasses or hat, so please don’t feel like you need to purchase anything special! Halloween costumes will not be allowed. More information from your child’s teacher will be coming home soon!
Title 1 Parent Meeting on Tuesday
Picture Day is Thursday!
Don't forget that picture day is Thursday, October 22nd. Order forms went home in last week's Friday folders. If you did not receive an order form, additonal forms are available in the front office.
CEIC Meeting on Thursday
Running of the Vikings
Marvelous Mathematician Winners
- Kindergarten - Christopher Meyer
- 1st Grade - Marek Michetich
- 2nd Grade - Mariana Tonche
- 3rd Grade - Zach Bridges
- 4th Grade - no entry
Marevelous Mathematician problems go home every Friday, so if your child would like to show off their math skills, make sure he/she turns in completed grade level problems to Room 303.
Weekly Attendance Rate
Remember our weekly goal is 97%, so please make sure that your child is at school everyday from 7:45-2:45.
The end of the first nine weeks is next Friday, so be sure to read next week's LVES Weekly to see if Mr. Holt is going to get a haircut!
Christine Harris, Administrative Assistant
Registration and Attendance:
Veronica Fidencio, Registrar/Attendance Clerk
Student Emotional Support:
Kim Box, Counselor
Gina Carmichael, School Nurse
Discipline and School Improvement:
Michelle Jackson, Principal
Eric Holt, Assistant Principal
- October 20th - Title 1 Parent Meeting, 6:00 pm
- October 22nd - Fall Pictures
- October 22nd - LVES CEIC Meeting at 3:15pm in Library
- October 23rd - End of 1st nine weeks
- October 23rd - Fire Safety Day
- October 26th - 30th - Red Ribbon Week - daily themes will be announced as we get closer to that week
- October 30th - Book Character Parade, 9:00 am
- October 30th - Report Cards go home in Friday folders
- November 4th - Perfect Attendance and Honor Roll Recognition for 1st nine weeks during lunches