Career Center Weekly Update
The University of Georgia Career Center
- Instagram Your Experience
- Internships, Part-Time Jobs & Full-Time Jobs
- IBM is hiring!
- City Year Americorps Positions
- Scientific Games is Hiring!
- Southern Teacher's Association Positions
- Government & Nonprofit
Career Center Events
Jobs and Internships
(This is just a few of the 240+ listings, Log into DAWGLink to apply!)
DAWGLink #52601, Graphic Design Intern
Center for Puppetry Arts, Atlanta, GA
DAWGLink #53035, 2014 Summer Social Media Manager Intern
Connect 2 Athens, Athens, GA
DAWGLink #53301, Retail Research Internship
Buckingham Research Group, Atlanta/New York
(This is just a few of the 665+ listings, Log into DAWGLink to apply!)
DAWGLink #52722, Writer Producer
Meredith Corporation: CBSAtlanta, Atlanta, GA
DAWGLink #53729, Care Coordinator
Georgia Cares, Atlanta, GA
DAWGLink #53225, Sales Coordinator
Unum, Atlanta, GA
Part-Time Job Opportunities
(This is just a few of the 120+ listings, Log into DAWGLink to apply!)
DAWGLink #52474, Peer Tutor
UGA-Academic Resource Center, Athens, GA
DAWGLink #53259, Student Worker
UGA-Office of Academic Programs, Athens, GA
DAWGLink #53795, Student Worker
Synageva BioPharma Corp., Bogart, GA
IBM is hiring!
City Year Americorps Postions
ABOUT CITY YEARCity Year was founded in 1988 on the belief that young people can change the world. City Year is an education focused, nonprofit organization that unites young people of all backgrounds for a year of full-time service to keep students in school and on track to graduation.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Beginning each day before the first school bell rings and staying until the last child leaves the after-school program; you’ll serve students, schools and communities through:
- Academic Support: Provide one-on-one or small group tutoring before, during and after school
- Attendance and Positive Behavior Encouragement: Lead energetic morning greetings, make attendance and positive phone calls to home, lead mentor groups
- Community and School Improvements: Organize and lead activities, celebrations and projects to improve the community and school environment
Team-based service is at the heart of City Year. You will be assigned to a diverse team of 8-15 young adults and you will serve with that team for the duration of the year. For more information on what you’ll do, and how to apply, visit: http://www.cityyear.org/
Southern Teachers Agency Positions
Southern Teachers Agency currently has 848 vacancies listed by schools for the 2014-15 academic year!
Each year, STA helps hundreds of teachers and coaches find jobs at outstanding college preparatory schools throughout the South—nearly 600 schools in 16 states from Texas to Florida to Pennsylvania.
Please click on any of the links below for information about current vacancy listings.
In addition, we presently have numerous Administrative Opportunities listed around the South.
Click here to Apply to be an STA Candidate. You’ll be asked to upload your resume and cover letter along with the STA application.
GOVERNMENT & NONPROFIT
Check out Go Government for information about federal jobs, internships, and government resources.
CALL TO SERVE CAREER GUIDES
Are you interested in pursuing a career with the federal government? Need information and resources to provide the best advice and strategies for success for your particular areas of interest? The Partnership for Public Service’s Go Government career guides are now online and a great resource for students to see how their major could translate into a job in the federal government.
* All University of Georgia Career Center sponsored events are for UGA students and alumni only.
* The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people with disabilities and will provide accommodations if notified in advance. To request accommodations please contact us at 706-542-3375.
* To help ensure a pleasant & productive environment for all participants, please follow these guidelines:
1. Respect all participants (employers, job seekers, & staff).
2. Appropriate attire is required and is determined by event. Some events require Professional or Business Attire.
3. For safety reasons, the doorways to the event (inside & out) & the surrounding areas must be kept clear at all times.
4. Participants are expected to cooperate with all reasonable requests made by members of the staff & all reasonable requests of any person acting in an official capacity as a representative of the participating institutions.
5. If questions or concerns arise during the event, please contact a member of the Career Center staff for assistance.
You may leave the list at any time by sending an e-mail to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with the following text as the body of the e-mail: SIGNOFF CAREERCENTERUPDATE * Please DO NOT use quotation marks or add any other text to the body of the message.
PLEASE DO NOT CLICK UNSUBSCRIBE BELOW, IT WILL NOT WORK.