Tech Tip Thursday
Google Chrome Extension: Screencastify
Why Use Screencastify?
Why use Screencastify?
- Make a video of your lesson when you're planning for a sub
- Make a video of some difficult concepts and post online for students to go back to whenever they need to
- Have students make a video tutorial on a concept or project presentation
- Have students make a video to practice fluency, TELPAS, etc...
Videos can be up to 10 minutes in length, and you can make 50 videos a month free (no max for Premium version, but $29/year).
How do I add Screencastify to my Chrome Account?
Where is the Screencastify extension icon?
Set up your webcam and microphone
The first time you click on the Screencastify extension icon, you'll need to complete a simple setup process.
After you sign in with your Google account, you'll be asked to allow the microphone/camera and tab permissions.
Where are your videos stored?
1. From the Video Page, click the share-icon icon to open sharing options.
2. Select "Google Drive"
3. Click GET LINK to generate and reveal the shareable link
4. Select your desired privacy settings for the recording
5. Click COPY LINK to copy the link to your clipboard or copy link to Classroom
Great Resource: Instructions and step-by-step videos to help you get started.