#One Vista Voice Vol. 4
The latest news and updates from VLMA
Hi #OneVista Families!
Our #OneVista Voice is a weekly newsletter full of information for our Vista La Mesa Academy family. We hope it provides you with valuable information and updates to support both families whose children are back on campus and also those who have selected a full distance learning experience.
DEADLINE EXTENDED! 2021-2022 VLMA Family Interest Survey
Our deadline has been extended for this important survey!
Please fill out this survey to let us know if you will be returning with us. The district would also like feedback on whether our families are interested in an ongoing virtual learning option. Let us know what you think!
Please complete this survey by Sunday, May 9th so we can start our planning process.
Do You Need to Register Your Future Kindergartener for the 2021-22 School Year?
Please note, families do not need to re-register your child if he/she is currently enrolled in grades TK-7th within Lemon Grove.
However, if you have an upper grade student that will be NEW to our district, registration is needed.
Students currently enrolled in preschool NEED to register for Kindergarten
VOLUNTARY & FREE STUDENT COVID-19 TESTING IN MAY
Cohort A (M/T), Tuesdays, May 11 and 25
Cohort B (Th/F), Thursdays, May 13 and 27
Students will be bringing home a paper registration form from their teacher. Simply fill out the form and send it with your child on testing day.
You can also register online using the link below
Virtual and Distance Learner families who would like to have their STUDENT tested are welcome to register for the next testing session at the Lemon Grove Library Community Room using the link below.
Wednesday, May 19
Remember students must be registered EACH time you wish to participate in this voluntary option.
Ms. Franco's Class Shines with SEL and a Social Studies Gallery Walk!
Thank you for sharing these moments with us!
“These young people don’t need saviors, they need believers. Once you believe in them, and know that they are great beyond measures, by who they are, not by what you bestowed on them, then everything else will shift and change as a result.”
– Conan Harris
Family Paint Night Art Supply: Share Your Art!
Word around campus is that our VLMA families created some magnificent works of art at LGSD's Family & Me Paint Night!
We'd love to see the results of your family adventure!
Please send or share pictures of your art and your family with Mrs. A at firstname.lastname@example.org
Maybe your art will be featured in an upcoming OneVista Voice family newsletter!
Daily Health Screening
2. WHEN FIRST ARRIVING TO CAMPUS: Staff will conduct visual screenings at assigned gates (Preschool at cafeteria gate, TK-K at side field gate, Gr. 1-8 at front gate)
3. WHILE AT SCHOOL: All students are screened by their teacher before they enter class. If they present with positive symptom or temp 100 or higher, teacher will send student to C-19 designated waiting area. Health Clerk will immediately contact guardian.
Campus Drop Off & Pick Up
- PLEASE DRIVE SLOWLY THROUGH OUR DROP OFF AND PICK UP
- The parking lot is for park and walk only. No cutting through the parking lot to get into the drive thru drop off/pick up line.
- Use the marked crosswalks when crossing from the street and lot onto campus to the drop off gate.
- When dropping off or picking up students, drive along the fire lane to the front sidewalk.
- It is easier and safer to have your children seated on the right side of your vehicle so that we can assist them in exiting or entering your vehicle.
- Please drive SLOWLY through the parking lot and be on the lookout for other vehicles and families.
Please view our drop off and pick up maps below to help us create a safe space for our students to enter and exit campus. View this video to see how drop off and pick up will run when we return to campus.