TEXT & CHROMEBOOK DISTRIBUTION
ROYAL HIGH SCHOOL - SVUSD 2020-2021
WELCOME BACK ROYAL FAMILY!
Each Sunday evening beginning next week, we will send out the Royal Decree - this is your primary source for information to keep up-to-date on upcoming events and activities. Please ensure your contact information in Aeries is current and check your email regularly.
1. Home Address – Parents cannot change home addresses in the Aeries Parent Portal. When a student has a new home address, the parent must bring or send in proof of the new address, such as a utility bill. Once the parent provides proof of the new address, the Registrar can change the student’s address in Aeries.
2. Primary Phone Number – There is a Primary Phone Number listed on the Demographics Screen that cannot be changed by parents. Parents need to contact the school to change the Primary Phone Number. The parents can change all phone numbers listed on the Contacts Screen.
3. Email address for parent/guardian – A parent can follow the steps listed in the image to change their own email address.
4. Student Mobile Phone Number – There is a Student Mobile Number listed on the Demographics Screen that cannot be changed by parents. If a parent would like to include the student's phone number, the parent needs to contact the school registrar to change or add it.
DIRECTIONS FOR ALL STUDENTS
1. Walking or driving to campus - Enter the Stadium Gate Parking lot. Students ONLY enter through the gate next to building 7. Look for the sign indicating Registration ENTRANCE.
2. Follow the signs and markings on the ground and maintain social distancing of 6 feet to proceed around building 7 to pick up your Student Locator which lists your semester classes and determines the books you will need (see info below regarding locators).
3. Show a form of identification (it can be last year's ID card from Royal or prior school) in order to obtain your correct Locator.
4. As you proceed into the Library to check out a Chromebook and required textbooks/materials, wait for Royal Staff's direction before proceeding forward to ensure social distancing is maintained. You will be directed to the required books for your classes. Many books have digital access, so you are encouraged to use the digital text whenever possible and only check out physical copies for the texts not accessed online.
5. After completing the process, follow the signs to leave the campus and EXIT through the double gate next to the gym. The path will be clearly marked and campus supervisors will be positioned throughout campus to ensure students stay on the designated route, maintain social distancing, and offer support if needed.
6. For those waiting in the car, the registration process should only take approximately 15-20 minutes, so relax and bring something cool to drink while you wait!
"LOCATOR" (COURSE LISTING) DISTRIBUTION
Please note: Locators ARE NOT student's daily period by period schedule. They are simply a list of the courses that each student is enrolled in. Specific period schedules will be available online within the Aeries system.
COUNSELORS AND QUESTIONS ABOUT SCHEDULES
First and foremost, due to the demand of distance learning and logistical needs for our overall Master Schedule, students will not be allowed to drop, move, or trade courses unless a unique circumstance exists. This will be determined by each individual Counselor with the Assistant Principal of Curriculum and Instruction. Only requests due to major conflicts and/or scheduling errors will be honored. (This is vital to the entirety of our 2100 student Master Schedule.)
COUNSELOR OFFICE HOURS - Counselors will be available during each grade's specific Registration Day to virtually meet with students between 8:00 am and 12:30 pm. Again, course changes will only be honored in unique circumstances.
- Monday, August 10th = 9th Grade (8:00 am - 12:30 pm)
- Tuesday, August 11th = 10th Grade (8:00 am - 12:30 pm)
- Wednesday, August 12th = 11th Grade (8:00 am - 12:30 pm)
- Thursday, August 13th = 12th Grade (8:00 am - 12:30 pm)
COUNSELOR CONTACTS - Students are assigned to a counselor based on Last Name Alpha
Please note: Mrs. Intlekofer is currently on maternity leave and Mrs. Jennifer Gast will be joining our department on a temporary basis. We are excited for the new addition to Mrs. Intlekofer's family as well as her impending return. We also extend a warm Royal Family welcome to Mrs. Gast.