Beth Ann Simmons 10/16/15 p.5
The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear.
- An anxiety disorder
- An irrational worry about a normal everyday event
- Phobias fall into two general categories
-Specific Phobias are intense and irrational fears about otherwise harmless things such as spiders, airplane flight, or elevators.
- Frightening experiences in childhood
- Imbalances in the brain chemicals, known as neurotransmitters
- An overactive component of the brain known as the amygdola
- Fears inherited from ancesters
- American Psychological Association
-750 First St. NE
- Anxiety Disorders Association of America
Silver Spring, Md 20910
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies
New York, NY 10001