- Dec 7th !941 Japanese planes attacked Pearl Harbor in Hawaii
- Declared War on Japan next day
- FDR said this day will live in infamy
- 4 days later Germany and Italy Declare war on United States
- Japanese thought attack would cripple the U.S navy
- Japanese were sent to internment camps for fear of Spies
- United States broke from isolation to enter war but fought Hitler first
Pearl Harbor was a planned attack by the Japanese to try and cripple the US fleet. Japan thought the US would give in to Japanese Power easily. In hindsight this brought the nation closer and helped the national depression. Pearl Harbor was the begining of the rise to a world power for the US.