#VAis4Learners Innovation Network
Monthly Cohort Update - February 2020
It is with great excitement and anticipation that we welcome #VaLIN Cohort II to join our collaborative for 2020. Keep reading for the list of Cohort II membership. During 2019 divisions from across Virginia accepted challenges, took risks, and caused disruptions as they engaged in Small Steps, Big Change. Based on our preliminary conversations with the Cohort II Innovation Teams, we recognize that this year's network is primed and ready to dive into the design and implementation of deeper learning pathways that prioritize the attributes of the Profile of a Graduate. Additionally, we are starting to see touch points within and between the priorities of Cohort I and Cohort II divisions and expect some interesting partnerships to emerge. The ALP coaching team is in the final stages of preparation for our Launch Event on March 2-3, and we look forward to the energy, determination and curiosity you will bring to our collective. See you soon!
Meet Participating Divisions of #VaLIN Cohort II
#VaLIN Cohort 1
Registration is OPEN!
The emPOWer Conference focus is to support educators from the Central Virginia area. There are sessions for classroom teachers, librarians, school counselors, and other support services personnel. The conference mission is to envision a future where we empower each other through: the innovative practices of the 5 C's, the promotion of equity and diversity, and the lens of citizenship, service and life-long learning. We invite #VaLIN Cohort I and II participants to attend the emPOWer Conference. This is a POWerful way to stay connected to the Innovation Network.
The registration process will allow you to pay with a credit card (PayPal), please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
They are accepting session proposals until March 23, 2020. All selected presenters attend for free with lunch included as our thanks for your efforts to support other educators.
Sample of the variety of sessions already confirmed:
- PowerSchool Platform: Performance Matters (Sessions - Data Dive for Admin & Building session for Teachers)
- Differentiation with Newsela
- Equitable Access and Support for Advanced Coursework in Metropolitan Richmond Schools: A MERC Study
- VDOE Counseling Representative
- TowneBank Educational Outreach
- Cross Collaboration of an PCPS Elementary Resource Team: Equity and Diversity Across Resource
Details about the conference:
- The emPOWer conference is open to all educators for a nominal fee of $25 (Late fee: $10 after May 1st, Registration ends June 5).
- Enjoy learning from colleagues from other divisions.
- Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
- Relevant activities and presentations provided by exceptional educators
- Breakout area with local, state, and national vendors