August 15, 2016
Thank you for a great first week of school. I appreciate all that you are doing to establish a positive classroom environment in which our students can learn. It was fantastic to see all of the class-building and team-building activities that were occurring.
As you know, relationships are what make this a really good school. Thank you for continuing to put time into building them. i know that they will pay off in the end.
Have a great rest of the week!
WELCOME TO NEW STAFF
- Our new cafeteria aide Angela Rodriquez will join us today.
- Jesse Edmonds will join us for the next couple of weeks. He will be helping out with supervision in the hallways,
If you have any questions, let me know.
5 QUICK FACTS
I thought I would start us off for the year...
- I have three beautiful children: Annette (14), Jack (9), and Patrick(6). They never fail to amaze me, delight me, and confound me...often in the same day.
- My wife is an English teacher at Liberty High School in the Wentzville School District. We met while teaching at the same high school.
- My first job was baking sandal soles in my family's sandal factory. It was less than awesome.
- I love to cook! I do not mind eating either:)
- I love sports, art, movies, and literature.
Tim Besse goes next.
- Congrats to the North Star on being a 2016 NP Pacemaker Finalist
- Congrats to Anthony Kristensen on winning the Robert F. Kennedy Journalism Award.
- Congratulations to Dominic Schneider who has been selected as a member of the All-National Honor Ensembles Concert Band, Tuba.
- Congratulations to Samantha Carey for being selected to represent the Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri in the Youth Leadership St. Louis program.
- FHN had a great first week of school.
- The 26th Annual Black and Gold Day was a huge success.
Tuesday, August 16--
Wednesday, August 24--
On August 1st the Building PD Committee had their first meeting. At this meeting, the CITW trainers shared information about their summer training and the plan for the first 1/2 PD day for the 2016-2017 school year. The committee also discussed the future meeting dates and that we would plan for upcoming faculty meetings and PD time during these meetings. If you are interested in being a part of this committee, please come to our next meeting!!
So far we have about 10 staff members who have expressed interest in being an Attendance Ally. This is our mentor program for students struggling with attendance. The Attendance Committee would love to get about 10 more names so that we have a good pool of adults ready to support our kids. Thanks so much for your support!
Please review the tardy policy with your students as tardy counts begin this week.
2016-2017 Staff Commitments to the Learning Environment
In order to improve the climate/environment at FHN, the staff commits to:
1. building positive relationships with students and staff members.
2. listening to the concerns of others and by helping to problem solve those issues.
3. helping students to see the relationship between effort and success.
4. being open-minded to new ideas.
5. addressing any inappropriate behavior immediately to help set an expectation of appropriate hallway and classroom behavior.
6. giving clear and consistent expectations for device use and by enforcing them.
7. counting tardies consistently.
"Big Shout Out to Jeff Tindell and the entire custodial crew for all of their work with furniture moves to get rooms set up the way teachers needed them to be over the last week. Thanks so much! "
"Special shout out to Connie Robertson. Her quick thinking helped save one of our student’s lives last week."
"Shout out to Steve Willott, Mark Wright, and Kim Coil who were AP readers this summer."
Thursday, Aug. 18th, 10am-12pm
2549 Hackmann Road
Saint Charles, MO
PD Committtee Meeting
Thursday, Aug. 18th, 2:30-3:30pm
Make-up Picture Day for Staff and Students
Monday, Aug. 22nd, 7:30-11:30am
2549 Hackmann Road
Saint Charles, MO
Lunch and Learn
Thursday, Aug. 25th, 10am-12:30pm
Mr. Riffee will be presenting on Flipped Classrooms. More information and the sign-up sheet will be coming soon.